Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #1

Talking Serta Mattress questions

I can answer any questions you may have about the quality Serta products that Forest River uses in their rv's. I can also assist you in upgrading or purchasing a Serta Mattress!
Sertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #2

Welcome Sertaguy,

Welcome to FRF.

Are you a salesman? By your username, I'm guessing you are.

Do you own an RV? If so, what kind(brand, model, etc....)
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #3

Serta

I am the owner of the distribution center that sells Serta to Forest River. I also sell the product on a retail basis. I am looking at a Wildcat unit from Forest River but have not yet pulled the trigger. I noticed there were questions and comments regarding the Serta Mattress products so I thought I would offer a quick and experienced way to answer those questions as I have over 25 years in the business.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #4

Sertasguy,

I asked the questions above because we get our fair share of spammers here. We appreciate all the help we can get on these forums; and welcome your knowledge and assistance.

Thanks,

BTW, I'm sending you a message through PM(Private Message).
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
azwade

Sertaguy,
You are the man!! I have been asking around about the quality of the Serta mattress that will come with my new Rockwood 8280WS. I ordered the "upgrade" Serta mattress and was told by FR it was the "Dreamscape" line about 10 inches thick but could not get much else out of them. I was told by the dealer that it was something else (I cannot remember the name - getting old). Can you tell me if it is a "firm", "plush" or "pillowtop" or what? If it is a firm mattress I want to take a memory foam mattress topper with me to pick the 5er up. I absolutely need a comfortable bed (major league grump if I do not get a good nights sleep) and will be on the road for about three weeks first trip out. I'm driving from Tucson, AZ to Lakeview, Oh to pick it up.
azwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
MrT

Hello Sertaguy,

Mine has a tag attached with (among other things), the large digits 316C06-1582-596. Does that tell you anything?

2017 Cedar Creek 38CK Hathaway Edition
2015 Ford F-350 6.7 CC 4x4
B&W RVK3300
Full-timing since 5/2/2016. Roam Sweet Home.
FROG Int'l Rallies: 2012-2017
MrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:56 PM   #7

Serta

Ok Sertaguy I am a matress god forever as well. What series/coil are they using. I have been selling beds forever as well and in my last 2 units got rid of the mattress before it came out of the bag. I am getting ready to pull the plug on an FR as well real soon. I have been sleeping on a beautyrest my last 2 trailers.
Thanks
Old 08-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #8
azwade

As I have indicated on another thread, I finally identified the "upgrade" mattress that will come with my ordered Rockwood 8280WS 5er (thanks to Sertaguy). Under the program name "Dreamscape" it will be the "Fairveiw" plush Serta mattress. After googling the Serta Fairview plush, I found it has two foam sections on top (Sertaguy correct me if I am wrong - which is often). One will be a "high IFD memory foam, one will be Serta's "comfort foam". I think both are one inch but not sure. Sounds comfortable enough that I am not going to bring a memory foam topper as planned. It will measure 10" in height with Serta's Verticoil Foam Encasement 374 coil count (queen size).. The "standard" mattress is the "Alameda" 7" in height and is firm...
azwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #9

Sertaguy. I'll tell you timing is every thing. I just bought a Queen Size Serta Perfect Sleeper-10-Q-FND both box spring and mattress and pick it up a few hours ago from Mattress Wearhouse. Although we do have a rockwood we decided to buy a cabin in the same campground where we have our camper on a seasonal site and this new mattress is for the cabin. Now the sales person said it was a good mattress, is it??? as far as the price it was not bad, both box spring and mattress was $530.00 total.
At home we have a king size Sleep Number so it's hard to compare a regular mattress with out sleeping on it.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #10

Serta

A Perfect Sleeper is Serta's main line product and verticoil products are the lower end budget coil systems. We sell them usually for kids and guest room beds or people on a real tight budget . Not what I would recommend for the 365 day a year good quality bed. Saying that it is a huge improvement over the old bonnel coil beds I see in most units. Remember though I am spoiled as I deal in all the high end stuff all day long so expect a good bed to be a mainline bed when advertised as a good upgrade. I guess though it is all what you pay for. My guests sleep on a Serta perfect day and like it a lot as it is in their upper line but at least perfect sleeper is pretty good for someone looking for average quality and price..
Old 08-19-2010, 10:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT View Post
Hello Sertaguy,

Mine has a tag attached with (among other things), the large digits 316C06-1582-596. Does that tell you anything?
Not really. It should have a name or model number 582981, 570066, etc.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
Ok Sertaguy I am a matress god forever as well. What series/coil are they using. I have been selling beds forever as well and in my last 2 units got rid of the mattress before it came out of the bag. I am getting ready to pull the plug on an FR as well real soon. I have been sleeping on a beautyrest my last 2 trailers.
Thanks
The standard Mattress is a 390 Bonnell Coil unit. Forest River offers an upgrade Donald Trump mattress that has a 800 pocket coil in a standard queen size.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Sertaguy. I'll tell you timing is every thing. I just bought a Queen Size Serta Perfect Sleeper-10-Q-FND both box spring and mattress and pick it up a few hours ago from Mattress Wearhouse. Although we do have a rockwood we decided to buy a cabin in the same campground where we have our camper on a seasonal site and this new mattress is for the cabin. Now the sales person said it was a good mattress, is it??? as far as the price it was not bad, both box spring and mattress was $530.00 total.
At home we have a king size Sleep Number so it's hard to compare a regular mattress with out sleeping on it.
There are several levels of the perfect sleeper line and " good " depends on the unit purchased. What warranty did it have? Did you get a box spring or a foundation? Serta is a great product, however everything can be oversold at times. Sounds like a great price and if it is what is comfortable for you then it was a great deal.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
A Perfect Sleeper is Serta's main line product and verticoil products are the lower end budget coil systems. We sell them usually for kids and guest room beds or people on a real tight budget . Not what I would recommend for the 365 day a year good quality bed. Saying that it is a huge improvement over the old bonnel coil beds I see in most units. Remember though I am spoiled as I deal in all the high end stuff all day long so expect a good bed to be a mainline bed when advertised as a good upgrade. I guess though it is all what you pay for. My guests sleep on a Serta perfect day and like it a lot as it is in their upper line but at least perfect sleeper is pretty good for someone looking for average quality and price..
Yes the perfect Day is a fantastic bed and I sleep on one myself. As long as it is not the dual side Air unit they tried a few years ago, WOW what a disaster. The Donald Trump collection seems to be doing very well for Forest River and having the traditional residential warranty in a RV is a great feature. The special sizes required for an RV was a challenge but once they were on board the products were sent out and the feedback has been very positive. Serta does make the World's Best Mattress!
Old 03-17-2016, 10:19 PM   #15

Question Serta guy just bough a 376bhok and it has a Serta memory foam in it exclusive to forest river how thick are these mattresses and what do they look like because I don't think I have the right mattress in my unit
Bbqking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:12 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbqking View Post
Question Serta guy just bough a 376bhok and it has a Serta memory foam in it exclusive to forest river how thick are these mattresses and what do they look like because I don't think I have the right mattress in my unit
Looks like it's been a long time since Serta Guy has been on the forum....

Last Activity: 10-04-2010 06:57 PM

US Army, 1979-1990 95BZ6
Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:24 PM   #17

I'll say
Bbqking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mattress, rest, serta

« Hola! | OH! »