Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #1

Question setting up the kitchen cabinets 2304

Hi, We just brought home our 2304 and am thinking about how to best set up the kitchen storage. Hope all you seasoned owners will give me some great suggestions. Are there storage racks for the dishes that you like, do the dishes need to be non breakable (Im thinking Corelle), where did you put the paper towel holder, do you have a towel rack? I would love to know how everyone is allocating their storage cupboards in the kitchen. We hope to get it out next week end for our first night out. Gail
gob7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
Site Team

to the forums and congrats on your new 2304!

Many of us do like to use Corelle but there are other good choices too. I like Corelle because it's lite weight, can go in the microwave and there are lot's of patterns to select from.

I have a different unit but I use a paper towel holder that sits on the counter top. For the kitchen towels I keep one towel hanging on the oven door and then use a clip-on towel holder that fits on a lower cabinet door. The towel rack for the backroom was already installed behind the toilet.

Figure out where your pots & pans will go and work from there. I try to put heavier items closer to the floor.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Stay Classy San Diego

Hi and welcome!
My best tip is to line all the shelves and drawers with the grip-type shelf liner. That stuff really works! Nothing will slide around. Also, put your least used items in the hardest to reach spaces and the most used ones where it's convenient.
Have fun!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gob7878 View Post
Hi, We just brought home our 2304 and am thinking about how to best set up the kitchen storage. Hope all you seasoned owners will give me some great suggestions. Are there storage racks for the dishes that you like, do the dishes need to be non breakable (Im thinking Corelle), where did you put the paper towel holder, do you have a towel rack? I would love to know how everyone is allocating their storage cupboards in the kitchen. We hope to get it out next week end for our first night out. Gail
Corelle ware works great for us.

I have a paper towel rack haning under the kitchen cabinet near the outside door.....if I am cooking outside, all I have to do is reach in the door for a paper towel without having to climb the steps.

As far as a tow rack, I have 2 over the door towel racks on my bathroom door. On the kitchen side of that door, I hang my dish towels and pot holders. On the bathroom side I hang my bath towels.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #5

As for unbreakable type dishes, many of them aren't microwaveable. We bought a really nice set of them at a discount store that was closing out (no returns) only to find out at home that you can't put them in a microwave. It should say on the back of them. Pretty sure Corelle is microwave safe. We also found a nice set of plates and bowls at a garage sale that are square. Perfect for maximizing space in an RV.

Cabinets in RVs usually don't seem to come with much regard to how things are going to be stored. I added permanent shelving in the upper cabinets at mid-height. Some install adjustable basket type shelving. We have one larger cabinet under the cooktop. I need to add a shelf in there that allows for taller things on the bottom and cans on the top. It's a pain digging through it when trying to find one item buried under other stuff. I also installed piano hinges on the dinette bench seats so pop cans and bulky stuff can now be easily & quickly accessed.

Our TT didn't have drawers in the kitchen so I built and installed 3 drawers under the sink behind one of the doors. We tried plastic plastic stacking type drawers and they were a real pain and not efficient.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	007 (640x480).jpg
Views:	84
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	17530   Click image for larger version

Name:	014 (640x472).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	17531   Click image for larger version

Name:	023 (640x480).jpg
Views:	117
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	17532   Click image for larger version

Name:	022 (640x572).jpg
Views:	102
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	17533  
Old 08-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #6

Hey there,

to the forums

We bought ours at the end June this year, took delivery July 19th. We are still in the process of supplying the TT with items. As for dishes, so far its a tall tea pot set (can be used for coffee) plus additional mugs, all are stoneware. Working on getting matching dishes etc. Atm its stored at the top cabinet
Days camped in 2015-18, 0 Days so far
Days camped in 2019, (8)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #7

Thank you all who have given suggestions.I've lined the cupboards and started filling them with Corianne from Goodwill and some nice plastic glasses I found at K mart.We are going out Friday for our trial run, one night and close to home. We also have friends at the campground who are fulltimers in case we need any help. I have rhe bed made up and can't wait to go.
gob7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #8
Site Team

You are off to a good start. Enjoy your trip and have fun!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #9

Paper plates are absolutely unbreakable, and by not having to wash them, I save lots of water when boondocking (which is most of the time).

Joel
Great Horned Owl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2304, dishes, kitchen storage, bathroom