Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #1

Six pounds of RV in a Five pound garage!

Hi
Just brought home our first Fifth Wheel, Cedar Creek Silverback and squeezed the 34' 11" rig into a 35' garage. 😱 Quite a first time back up job for us. The garage was originally built for our motor home then housed a travel trailer all of which were a tad smaller than our new rig. Needless to say it took quite a while to get it in there 😰 Sure could have used all your advice before that experience. I will enjoy learning from this forum as we use the Silverback in the future. Thanks for all your help in advance. 😬
Trogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you did a fine job. Be glad there was no audience
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #3

Congrats on your new silverback. You will enjoy it.we love ours.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
2011 Forest River Stealth

Welcome from the central coast of California
rwtdct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogers View Post
Hi
Just brought home our first Fifth Wheel, Cedar Creek Silverback and squeezed the 34' 11" rig into a 35' garage. dde31 Quite a first time back up job for us. The garage was originally built for our motor home then housed a travel trailer all of which were a tad smaller than our new rig. Needless to say it took quite a while to get it in there dde30 Sure could have used all your advice before that experience. I will enjoy learning from this forum as we use the Silverback in the future. Thanks for all your help in advance. dde2c
cut a whole n the back wall, and throw a tarp over the bulge. LOL we are very helpful.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
Anacortesians

We store our rig alongside the garage. We put it a third concrete driveway section where it was originally dirt. At the time we did the driveway, we had a Class C that was 96" wide. We now have a 102" wide Class A and it wouldn't fit.

Son-in-law and I took out 8" of the garage roof overhang and I can just get it in. The mistake we made was not raising the gutter on the roof, primarily because it had a mitered corner to a gutter across the front of the garage and I didn't want to modify the gutter system. We can get the rig into its slot, no problem, but can't use the house door because it hits the gutter. When it fully moored, I have to use a ladder at the driver's door and get out into next door's front yard.

Raising the gutter is the next project. I clipped the corner backing out last time we went out, and crumpled it, so "don't mess with the gutter" is now a moot point. Luckily, it hasn't rained in the 7 weeks since I did it, but that's not going to last forever.