Old 09-05-2014, 11:40 PM   #11

If your system is a typical Lippert hydraulic system at the main actuator there are individual control valves and each of those control valves has an allen head screw on the end and that screw should be adjusted fully "counter" clockwise. Might want to check that. Just a thought.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #12

onetonford and VinceU. Thanks for the info. I'm going to crawl under it today and learn more. Will share findings. Thanks again.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #13

bubbles. Thanks for the info. I believe it is indeed a Lippert system because the documentation that came with the camper is labeled as such. That said, the electronics say Alta Resources on them. I looked in the compartment extensively for a valve for each slide but only count 2. I'm wondering if the third valve is under the camper near the mechanisms (rear of the camper). I'll continue to investigate and if I locate the associated valve for the problematic slide, I'll check out the allen screw. Thanks again.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:04 PM   #14

If Lippert, valves located in manifold on top of 1 gal hyd tank, pump and motor. All pieces on single skid. Two valves could indicate two slides operate together, no separate valve locations. Bear in mind Lippert also mfgs elec and electronic slide systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-07-2014, 11:53 AM   #15

Thanks VinceU. I will look again and draw up a schematic. The hydraulic pump looks like it supports both the front jacks used to lift the 5th wheel off the truck and the slide outs. Saw the valve that deals with the jacks and only one for the slides. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:57 PM   #16

OK. So I followed the hydraulic hoses all the way to the cylinders and no separate valves. Only one valve for all of three slides. However, the return lines go through some type of adjustable valve for each slide. The adjusters are on a panel in the outside shower/water filter compartment. I think I can control the inoperable slide by adjusting the valve (they are hand controlled knobs - no tools needed) at the end of the cycle for slide number two and see what happens. Basically shutting off fluid flow in the return line after slide number 2 is in all the way but before slide number 3 finishes it's cycle, which is when slide number 2 pouches back out a few inches. I'll post the results tonight. Thanks.

Tags
slide, slide out