Old 07-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #1
Slide Problems Sunseeker 3170

Just wondering if anyone else has had probllems with the slide outs on their Sunseeker motorhomes. We purchased new 2014 unit in February of this year. It sat in our yard for the first 2 months until Memorial day weekend when we planned to go camping but one of the slides wouldn't go all the way in. Turns out the worm gear that moves the slide in and out came apart. Took 6 weeks to get parts and now finally ready, except now dealer says the other slide has problems, both sides not going in at same rate. Needless to say I'm not happy. Couldn't get it back the dealer we purchased from to get the first slide fixed, but local dealer doesn't want to repair this new problem. So now we have to pick up and take back to dealer purchased from for the new problem. I can't seem to get any satisfaction from Forrest River to try and correct the problems quickly. Any advice would be welcome to this camper who spent almost $100,000 and haven't been able to use my new unit yet.

jcavery1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
You did not say but if the bedroom slide is the one out of whack it is a schwintec made by lippert components and they have a very good section on repair and operation or search on this forum for schwintec slide if you want to try and fix it your self . The only other thing i can tell you is that on my 2011 3170 if the batteries are low or the terminals are corroded at all that bed room slide does not work well i also use the slide seal lube on the seals 2 - 3 times a year and that seems to help. Hope this helps I know it can be frustrating dealing with warranty work but trust me you will love your 3170 we do

lbrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:30 PM   #3
Post this under the slideout forum instead of the welcome mat and you'll get more responses
tmhyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:06 AM   #4
Site Team
Originally Posted by tmhyer View Post
Post this under the slideout forum instead of the welcome mat and you'll get more responses
First- welcome to the forums! And ditto on the suggestion quoted above. It's common for the more technical members to spend their time in forums that they can assist other members. Also keep in mind the time of day can play a role in your thread getting attention.

I'm not technical so I'm not able to offer much feedback. From what I have read here on the forums it can be harder to find a shop that will service an unit brought elsewhere. Some members had mentioned contacting FR and they will give you some names.

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote

3170, slide, sunseeker