Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2015, 10:53 AM   #1

So new we don't own one yet!

Hi we are in New Mexico and in the "research" phase--never owned an RV but planning a purchase of a Class C. We have looked at MANY and done lots of reading, web research, etc.-haven't driven one yet (except a rental several years ago)but plan to drive one or two or three over the next couple of weeks. We are currently deciding between a new vs used. Many good reasons for both. I have a specific question about purchasing on-line if we go the "new" route. I know RVW has information on their website regarding warranty "agreements" and have read the posts on this forum both pro and con, but am wondering about RVOne/RVDirect--I don't see any information at all on their website about getting warranty work done. I understand that warranty work can be an issue if you do not purchase your motorhome from the dealer. Our dealers here have gotten bad reviews in that section of the forum (and based on our experience just looking I tend to agree). SO, with that, any thought about warranty work if we purchase through RVOne/RVDirect? Also any additional tips for us would be definitely appreciated as well! Thank you in advance.
Ozeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:45 PM   #2
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. Hope your search goes well. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
Wait till next year...

Ozeek it depends on your location. How far away from an Rvone dealership are you? Rvone has mobile capabilities though I dont know if thats a warrenty or extended option. If you search rvone or rvdirect youll find the problems people have had with them. I believe you were looking for a forester. You'd probably want to look at RVW then. While rvone has a bigger selection of motorhomes including Thors,newmars,Jayco and winnebagos from my reading of the forum RVW seems able to get warranty work done at a distance. I havent had to use Rvone for any warranty work or service I've pretty much handled everything myself. i'm 2 1/2 hours away from the dealership. as far as pricing Rvone was cheaper but they were qouting a sunseeker and RVW qouted a forrester
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:01 AM   #4

Thanks n-e-d! Yes, we are looking at Foresters, but are also considering a Sunseeker since I have now figured out that dealers seem to either sell one or the other! We are a long ways from either dealer (we are in New Mexico) so the ability to do warranty work is a major consideration for us.
Ozeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 12:00 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum from SW Florida. Hope your RV search goes well. I've never used warranty service because I always buy used. I believe in letting the other guy take the biggest part of the depreciation. But that offers another set of hurdles. You have to educate yourself what to look for in a good or bad RV. Just cause they look nice doesn't mean they don't have serious problems. Educate yourself what to look for if you go used. I have never had any major issues but I took my time and looked for the right unit.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:10 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum from a NM neighbor.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote