Old 08-26-2015, 10:53 AM   #1
So new we don't own one yet!

Hi we are in New Mexico and in the "research" phase--never owned an RV but planning a purchase of a Class C. We have looked at MANY and done lots of reading, web research, etc.-haven't driven one yet (except a rental several years ago)but plan to drive one or two or three over the next couple of weeks. We are currently deciding between a new vs used. Many good reasons for both. I have a specific question about purchasing on-line if we go the "new" route. I know RVW has information on their website regarding warranty "agreements" and have read the posts on this forum both pro and con, but am wondering about RVOne/RVDirect--I don't see any information at all on their website about getting warranty work done. I understand that warranty work can be an issue if you do not purchase your motorhome from the dealer. Our dealers here have gotten bad reviews in that section of the forum (and based on our experience just looking I tend to agree). SO, with that, any thought about warranty work if we purchase through RVOne/RVDirect? Also any additional tips for us would be definitely appreciated as well! Thank you in advance.

Ozeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:45 PM   #2
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
Welcome to the forum. Hope your search goes well. Later RJD

2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
Location: Home of the 4 time Super Bowl Champions Patriots and we'll be there again
Ozeek it depends on your location. How far away from an Rvone dealership are you? Rvone has mobile capabilities though I dont know if thats a warrenty or extended option. If you search rvone or rvdirect youll find the problems people have had with them. I believe you were looking for a forester. You'd probably want to look at RVW then. While rvone has a bigger selection of motorhomes including Thors,newmars,Jayco and winnebagos from my reading of the forum RVW seems able to get warranty work done at a distance. I havent had to use Rvone for any warranty work or service I've pretty much handled everything myself. i'm 2 1/2 hours away from the dealership. as far as pricing Rvone was cheaper but they were qouting a sunseeker and RVW qouted a forrester
Mary and Me
2015 2650s

2015 Jeep Cherokee
n-e-d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:01 AM   #4
Thanks n-e-d! Yes, we are looking at Foresters, but are also considering a Sunseeker since I have now figured out that dealers seem to either sell one or the other! We are a long ways from either dealer (we are in New Mexico) so the ability to do warranty work is a major consideration for us.
Ozeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 12:00 PM   #5
Welcome to the forum from SW Florida. Hope your RV search goes well. I've never used warranty service because I always buy used. I believe in letting the other guy take the biggest part of the depreciation. But that offers another set of hurdles. You have to educate yourself what to look for in a good or bad RV. Just cause they look nice doesn't mean they don't have serious problems. Educate yourself what to look for if you go used. I have never had any major issues but I took my time and looked for the right unit.
Forest River Flagstaff V-Lite 26 WRB. 2015 Ford F 250 diesel, Hensley Arrow Hitch
V-Lite Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 12:10 PM   #6
Welcome to the forum from a NM neighbor.

Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Duramax and Allison 6 speed
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You can't make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote