Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2015, 09:04 PM   #1

Soon to be new Flagstaff Owners in TN

Hello all!

My wife and I should be taking delivery of our new Flagstaff 831BHDS on Wednesday. This will be our 4th TT, but we've been without a TT for a couple of years.

Long story short - our first rv was a Jayco HTT with 3 bunks. We bought it when we had 4 kids and it was great. After a couple of years, my wife gave birth to twins (yes, #'s 5&6!) and we decided to go to a bunkhouse for more room, especially during the toddler years.

Second camper was a Jayco 32BHDS, essentially the same floorplan as the Flagstaff 831 BHDS. We absolutely loved this TT, but unfortunately it was stolen from the storage lot - the night before we were supposed to leave on a trip for my sons 10th birthday.

We replaced it with a Jayco 32 TSBH - another bunkhouse with opposing slides in the bunk room. We loved this TT as well, and selling it was a huge mistake.

Mistake was made to sell it to buy a boat. My eldest son was working every weekend while in HS and it was tough to get out. He was really the only one that wasn't a huge camping fan, probably because he liked making money better. Anyway, we bought a boat so we could still do stuff as a family, and it didn't take all weekend. Like I said, huge mistake.

We knew we'd be getting another rv eventually, and kept most of the stuff. About a year ago, !over from Knoxville to west TN - no where near as close to good lakes, and my eldest just finished HS and is leaving for college in Chattanooga. Finally made the decision to sell the boat (ouch - that was expensive) and get another TT. In addition to loving camping, it'll be easy for us to camp between here and where my eldest will be in college - we can always bribe him to come visit .

But we really don't need an excuse, my wife and I (and the kids) just love getting out, having adventures and spending good family time together.

We have 2 boys (17 & 13) and 4 girls (16, 10 and the twins are 6).

We've got a lot of thing experience, from FL to Canada and hopefully can provide some helpful input, but this is our first "non Jayco" camper, so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as well. Plus, learning new stuff is what these forums are all about.

Sorry for the long introduction!
Ranger431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:50 PM   #2

Congratulations and welcome to the forum from Wv
1 mutt
on occasion 1 DD
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:28 PM   #3

Welcome from Ontario.

Kevin
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:20 PM   #4

Hey there! We're hoping to get back up to Ontario in the next year or two. My mother in law lives in the Thousand Islands area right on the St Lawrence River. We camped in the KOA in Gananoque - beautiful area!
Ranger431 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff