Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #1

Starting to look...

Our family of 5 is just beginning to look at travel trailers. We just got home from looking at a floor plan we love in the 2007 FR Surveyor SV304. We love so much about it but I have an important question about water damage. The dealer says there was a leak on the outside when this trade came in & they fixed it right away. There is no damage apparent inside. No squishy walls & no discoloration inside. There is a bubble that has formed under the fiberglass on the outside of the back end of the trailer. Is there any reason to think this is cause for concern?

Only other flaw is the inside ceiling where the material has bubbled up a little. It has the appearance of what it would do if it got hot from the sun but this is inside.

Would love this trailer to be our first but need some experienced owners to weigh in. Thanks!
MillerTime5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #2

Bubbles

Delamination or bubbles and separation come from various factors, most are bad. They tend to get worse and have a HUGE negative impact on your ability to resell without full disclosure and/or repair. Also, often combined with leaks of some sort.

Just know what you are buying and your future expectation to come out of this sometime in the future rather than sell it as junk. I am not implying this WILL happen to you, just know what you are getting yourself into.

My advice is to shop around and continue to find that flawless unit, one someone is selling because of family health issues or they are aging and getting out of camping. These units are around and can be found.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #3

x2

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:04 PM   #4
Site Team

x3

In most cases I would run away. Sorry but water damage is scary unless you have first hand information.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote