Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2016, 08:37 PM   #1

Still Window Shopping

Planning to buy in May, 2017. Considered egg fiberglass, but price and wait time for manufacture led us here. We're older, and want to have the trailer without waiting a year or so. The FR 19' Murphy bed model looks great, but wonder about bed length for a six foot man. Also a little leery of a single axle. Is double axle worth the moola? Also, do the mini-lites leak a lot? Have a lot to learn from all you guys. Anyone who has such a trailer is welcome to respond! Looks like this place is full of really good, helpful people. Thanks.
George in New Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:44 AM   #2
I go RV'ing not Camping

We started with a single axle 17 ft and quickly moved to a double axle 19 foot. I am 6'3 and can only sleep on a queen full. Most smaller trailers have a queen short.

Hope that helps
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:09 AM   #3

Thanks for your comments, jgourlie. Your awesome, beautiful rig appears to be way too much RV for my little F-150, even with a V8 and tow package. I'll just have to keep scouring these pages and others online. Something good will happen in the next 15 months. I can't believe the huge number of brands and floor plans. Crazy! BTW, what part of Canada? My mother was born in Grand Prairie, AB, in 1919.
George in New Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote