Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2015, 11:38 AM   #1

Supposed to pick up new TT Monday--

I've made arrangements to buy a 2013 FR Avenger ATI 14RB...apparently they only made it 3 years. ANYONE out there have any information? I need a TT under 3500lb--but prefer under 3000lbs. This fits the bill perfectly. Going to live full time in this tiny unit. I'm driving Monday 4 hours to see it in person and pick it up...assuming it's as good as in the pics. I've been looking for a very small TT for a long, long time. Fate pushed me of the cliff. My roomate's home (the owner) burnt down 3 weeks ago now. I left with my cell phone, my Nissan Xterra SUV keys, in my pajamas, and the dog following close behind. No, I didn't have renter's insurance. It's gone, and in a big way a huge relief. I was within 2 years of retiring and living full time anyway. Like a big giant emotional band aid was ripped off all at once. One big sadness at the things I lost, but better than the 672 sadnesses of watching your precious belongings being sold off one by one. So I drove 800 miles to my parents to have a place to stay. It's been 3 weeks of hell. LOL! I'm hoping that Forest River did ok on this one, and they only stopped making it because it was so small. Would like a bigger one, but my SUV can't haul much more. It's only me and a dog so I should be just fine. Adjustment is going to be an adventure. I hear most people complain they over load and end up having to cut back on the 'stuff' they bring. Well, I certainly have that solved!! LOL! I have to buy ANYTHING that goes in it. Got a few clothes here at my parents (4 tank tops, 2 pairs of shorts, and a pair of jeans, and bathroom stuff). Bought a laptop to have Netflix movies, get information, banking, etc.And FIND A RV!! Which I did. So,I've heard the golden rule is: If you don't have a certain place to put it, DON'T buy it. LOL! I've had my cries at the loss of all I own, but now I'm super excited for the grand adventure ahead of me. Love to talk to ANY 14' Avenger owners out there.
sparkett788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:40 AM   #2

sparkett788-Let me be the first to welcome you. I don't have that model camper, hopefully someone else can help you with specifics on it. If it is as good as you hope, you'll find a lot of great advice here. I would suggest looking at the Library tab to see what information is available about your equipment. I would also suggest searching the forum for the 'modifications' thread. I think the other thread with tons of suggestions is called 'what have you done to your' either camper or trailer. Check both ways. Also, check Pinterest for storage and organization, search on the word 'camp'. Sorry about the loss of all of your stuff. Hope your start over works out for you. Keep the upbeat attitude.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke
KateE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:21 PM   #3

Hi and thanks for the welcome..

Can hardly wait until Monday!! Scared as I can be, but excited too. Nothing like jumping in feet first! Yippe...hope the waters warm.
sparkett788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:40 PM   #4

update please!

I have a 14rb, I am curious how living in one has been going for you. I have owned mine for 3 years, used for travel, not for full time living. It is well built and cozy. The fridge has been junk from day one, the bed/table conversion broke the first time we used it. The shower design is awful, water pours all over the floor, regardless of what you do to keep water in, by the way the walls are channeled. Outside of those issues, I really love our 14rb. I know all RV's have issues. I count myself lucky
DaveL8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:35 AM   #5

Welcome from SW Ohio ! Enjoy your TT !
Old 11-14-2016, 07:45 AM   #6
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy and Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:58 AM   #7

Sorry for your loss, but congrats on your ability to pick up and make things happen... Good luck in your FT adventures!!!
Hope the new TT turns out to be a good one.

2017 Surveyor 245BHS
2011 F250 6.2L Crew SB 4X4
mikakuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:20 PM   #8

Welcome from NW Florida, this is a awesome site to find information on and get advice from others who have been doing this for a while.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:31 PM   #9

Welcome from north Florida. I'm not sure if I lost everything in a home fire, I would be as upbeat and positive as you. Look the camper over really good, especially look for leaks. Let us hear how it goes. Best wishes!

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:25 PM   #10

One nice thing about this forum is that it's not model specific. A lot of questions are answered here in general, and most of the time it works for all models. Another nice thing- it can be VERY model specific, and that's even better! Good luck with your new RV and all your travels.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote