Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #1

SV 291 Lift Kit

Forest River makes one that jacks the SV 291 up three inches. This will take the hassle out of dumping the tanks when you have to lift the hose over the retaining wall of the dump station. You SV 291 owners know what I'm talking about. The phone number for the kit is 574-642-3119. When you call, they (the Forest River people) will need the VIN number of the TT. It is located in two locations, on the tongue and the left front cargo door. They will give you written instructions on how to install the lift kit. The kit costs $100.00 and is well worth it.
Bill U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #2

This sounds like one mod I REALLY need to look into
Old 06-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #3

Any update on this? I two would be terribly interested it in!

2008 Chevy CCab 5.3L 4WD Z71
2008 FR Surveyor 291
Champion Genset
Slpybear, Mrs Slpybear, Three Cubs
slpybeartx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #4

Have not done it yet, time is a constraint at the moment. Leaving on the 12th of this month on a two week camp but will not be able to install it due to time constraints. Am planning on installing it in July or August. Will keep you posted.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill U View Post
Have not done it yet, time is a constraint at the moment. Leaving on the 12th of this month on a two week camp but will not be able to install it due to time constraints. Am planning on installing it in July or August. Will keep you posted.
Can you give me a brief description of what the kit includes? (Checking to see if I can do it myself)

2008 Chevy CCab 5.3L 4WD Z71
2008 FR Surveyor 291
Champion Genset
Slpybear, Mrs Slpybear, Three Cubs
slpybeartx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #6

The only thing I have done is talk with the sales rep at FR. It involves detatching the suspension from the TT and adding the steel plates that raise the suspension 3 inches. She stated that the kit comes with instructions, of course. I asked her the about the difficulty factor and she stated that it was not too bad if you have the tools and have a moderate degree of mechanical ability. I teach automotive at a technical college so I am not worried about the difficulty. On the other hand, if you are not intimidated by removing large pieces of suspension I really think it would be a fun project. I am thinking you would have to have a floor jack and jack stands, 1/2 inch drive socket set, wrenches and friend or two to muscle the suspension that last 1/8 of an inch it always takes.
The above information will apply to the average person but since I am a government employee the rules differ for me. Even though I will be doing the install in my driveway, at my house, on my own time I will have to have the following:
enviromental impact statement
MSDS sheets on hand
full body armor
a minimum of three supervisors
six hours of paper work, in triplicate
P.O number for the kit
cost survey
at least three bids from competing companies
two more hours of paperwork
operational statement
release from liability forms signed off by no less than five supervisors
syllabus
lesson plans
handouts
institutional effectivness worksheet
two point seven more hours of paperwork (man, I can hear the rain forest screaming)
video documentation
and a whole bunch of other bovine by-product that you folks who don't work for the government don't know about.
Whew................