Old 11-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
The addiction

Our trips out are about 50/50 when it comes to developed campgrounds and a hunk of land with enough room for my rig.

In the NW, name it and we have probably stayed close to every Forest Service or Nat. Park Campground. But some of my favorite outtings are tucked away on semi remote BLM Lands where it takes a bit more to-do's but well worth it.

I travel a ton within the year to dozens of Whitewater Kayak Competitions and Festivals, not to mention multiple family outtings per year. I estimate my time in the trailer to be close to 50 or more days a year. Although I busted that average this summer easily, tracking in a whopping 87 days in the camper thus far in 09, with 2 more 3-4 day trips left to do before years end. No too bad for a part timer if I do say so myself.

Its an addicting lifestyle. I grew up camping (tents mainly, ok...always) all summer long, and living a somewhat country lifestyle. But when my transplaned city girl of a wife took to it so well (where the closest to camping she had done was her grandparents cabin), the outtings got further from home and longer! In college we traveld in the 91 Honda Civic hatchback and tent camped all over H and back. That died down a bit when real jobs came to be, then the bug got back in me, the trips started up again to Festivals and Comps.

then my wife got pregnant and said "I still want to go on trips with you, but I'm not sleeping in the dirt any more". Thus the start to our RV lifestyle. We bought a ForestRiver 10' pop up camper. That worked great with one little one, the wife, dog, and myself. But number two was ont he way and it seemed things got a bit more cramped withthe high enerdy todler. So a trade in and upgade to a Survetor 255RS and from a Nissan Frontier to a Titan, the trips just keep on comming. It seems now we don't plan trips around weather patterns, we just GO! Even the rainiest of trips offer a retreat and I can creat my own eco system with a pop up shelter and enough fire wood.

The number two child was 5 weeks old on her first camping trip for Thankgiving last year, now she is a seasoned veterain!

Its an addicting lifestyle, and I LOVE IT!!! See ya in the woods!
Tony Z
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote