Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #1

Smile Took the Plunge!

Just bought our first 5er, 09' Wildcat 30Loft and managed to get through our one night maiden voyage without any major issues or problems. It's been a 5 year off again, on again, process until now when we finally decided to take the plunge.

Glad we found this forum, I think you folks have already solved one problem via a topic search, with getting the DVD system to play through the TV that came with our unit. The dealer said "Oh the DVD does not play through to the TV" (Not so smart dealer) I'll have to try it out next week when we take "Peanut" out again for some more thorough testing. Hope to provide usefull information to others once I'm more in the know.

We picked the name "Peanut", after a giant tripple axle, toy hauler, 5th wheel pulled in and shoe horned itself accross from us in a tight campground on our first night at 12am. We thought our rig was big until then and at the time, felt like a couple nuts in our Peanut shell!

Best Regards, Keith
955wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #2

Where did the dealer think the DVD play through? What a dork
Old 07-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #3

It was the "service guy" doing the walk through and though he was nice and said "If I don't know the answer, I'll find one", I really did not trust everything that came out of his mouth.

When I asked about the Concertone DVD/AMFM radio system and pointed to the TV he said no, they are not connected. After seeing that everything else worked on the trailer, I just wanted out of the place.

I tend to do most of the work around my own house and used to build houses. Not that, that makes me an RV expert but I am pretty sure I can figure out the systems in my 5th wheel and after looking at some of the workmanship, I am certain I can do better on my own then having to worry about the service center doing something too quickly to just get me out of their hair. Sad but true, hard to find good service these days....
955wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #4
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
You'll probably love the trailer...and HATE the Concertone. (read the threads)
Nature of the beast!

Welcome!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote