Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2018, 06:15 PM   #1

Smile Took the plunge today!

Another new camping family enters today. We purchased a new Puma 32RKTS and are really excited now for Spring to come so we can use it! Darned New England weather.
DenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:23 PM   #2
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

You've still got time to take it out a couple of times.

Don't wait until spring to look for any issues you may need some warranty repair on.

Find them now so you can get them fixed over the winter months when you don't need the RV.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:31 PM   #3

Why wait until spring? Get out and go somewhere. We are heading out again tomorrow for a 3 night mini-vacation. We frequently camp until the first week in November and we live in Wisconsin. It just means that we winterize the unit in early October and use dry camping methods. We camped for over 25 years without plumbing so it is not a big deal for us.
BarabooBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #4

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your new Puma 32RKTS! I agree with BarabooBob, get out there and enjoy it. Fall camping can be great, not too hot and not too cold. DW and I are leaving Saturday for 9 days to enjoy some fall Wisconsin camping.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:33 AM   #5

Welcome from SW Ohio , enjoy your Puma 32RKTS TT !
Old 09-13-2018, 07:46 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
You've still got time to take it out a couple of times.

Don't wait until spring to look for any issues you may need some warranty repair on.

Find them now so you can get them fixed over the winter months when you don't need the RV.
x2 on that. Your best bet is to get a trip or two in, even if it's just in your driveway, so you can really test things out and confirm everything is working. Then, if you find anything that needs to be repaired, you can have the dealer taking care of it over the winter, which is their slow season anyways (once their busy "winterize everybody's camper" fall season is over). You're in no rush to get it back that way. Everybody wins.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenD View Post
Another new camping family enters today. We purchased a new Puma 32RKTS and are really excited now for Spring to come so we can use it! Darned New England weather.
Welcome from Texas! We're waiting for the heat of summer to leave so that we can enjoy camping in the fall/winter.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:52 AM   #8

Welcome to the forum from MN. We're heading out for a 3 day weekend next week, and another week in mid Oct (which might be cutting it close to when I need to winterize ). Have fun.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:12 AM   #9
Misfit Adventures

Welcome from Belleville Ont.
Misfit011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:16 AM   #10

Welcome from Texas, Youroo! !
Old 09-13-2018, 08:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Welcome from Texas! We're waiting for the heat of summer to leave so that we can enjoy camping in the fall/winter.
Same here down in Yuma, AZ...the hotspot of the US of A!
Old 09-13-2018, 03:32 PM   #12

I should have been more clear. Really appreciate all of the encouragement! It is going on a seasonal spot in a campground that closes in two weeks and there is no space there now. My spot is reserved for next Spring. Dealer is storing it gratis for the winter and delivering in May. I'm gonna need a lot of help from you all! Always been a boater but not a camper.
DenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:44 PM   #13
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Do you not have a tow vehicle?
Seasonal spot or not, you could take it somewhere if you can pull it.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:55 PM   #14

Quote:
I should have been more clear.

Dealer is storing it gratis for the winter and delivering in May.
Make sure you have good insurance coverage on it while it is stored at the dealership.

Every time I had mine at the dealership something got stolen off of them (to which the dealership claims no responsibility)...

And it is not uncommon for damage from other trailers being moved around the lot.

Personally, I'd find another place to store it until it is time to park it at it's final destination.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:57 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I should have been more clear. Really appreciate all of the encouragement! It is going on a seasonal spot in a campground that closes in two weeks and there is no space there now. My spot is reserved for next Spring. Dealer is storing it gratis for the winter and delivering in May. I'm gonna need a lot of help from you all! Always been a boater but not a camper.

Since the dealer’s delivering it right to the seasonal, I’m assuming you don’t have the right setup to tow it yourself? In that case, maybe see if the dealer will let you camp in it for a night right in their lot. Or if they’ll deliver and pickup from a local campground.

You really want to try to get a night in in it to really test everything out. Especially if you can’t tow it back to the dealer yourself. If you wait until next year when it’s at the seasonal and you find something wrong, then you’re going to have to figure out some way to get it back to the dealer, and you’ll be without during the camping season. Right now is the perfect time for getting warranty work done, so it’s fully ready to go when it gets delivered in the spring.