Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #1

Toy List After Maiden Voyage

Just got home from a short trip to the Mississippi gulf coast. Took our new V-Lite for a 2 night stay and have some questions for you good campers. I always put those yellow, plastic chocks behind my tires(for what I don't know) because I always did with my other trailer. Experienced a lot of rock'n roll; even with the stabilizers down. Would those X Chocks that fit between the tires help with this? The first night I took a shower and the water pressure in the park was so low that I would have gotten more wet under a tree in a rain storm. Would one of those Oxygenic showerheads help things?
Hope to hear some good advice!
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
Site Team

a set of wheel chocks(not the cheap wedge ones) will do a world of good on movement.
i made my own, from plans on another RV site, out of 4x4 fence post and threaded stock.
i use a ratcheting box wrench to tighten. cost me about $12 in materials and about a hour of time.
you can buy store-bought chocks, like the X-chock but you have measure the distance between the tires.
the best chocks out there are Roto-choks but they are expensive but owners love them.

installing an Oxygenics showerhead was one of the best mods i've done, especially since we dry camp.
nearly everyone that i've read, that's installed one, love it.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #3

X chocks work great and new shower head are almost a must mod. Dont forget about Maxair vent covers.
showtime0022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #4

I found that an extra set of scissor jacks in front of the the wheels helped plus I built a set of wheel chocks. The rock and roll is now gone.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
Site Team

Does the Oxygenic showerhead use less water during the same period of time than the original showerhead? Or is it better waterflow?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #6

I don't know why RV manufacturers insist on putting flimsy faucets in their products. After paying $25,000, I would gladly pay $10 more for a quality fixture.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Wheel chocks

Yep, the wheel chocks do work on my 8285WS.

And a X 3 on the Oxygenics shower head. make sure you order the shut off valve and shower bracket (holder).

Hey your fun is just starting with outfitting your RV. AHHHH, Good folding chairs, Great thick mattress pad, a plastic carpet (AWNING RUG) from WALLY-WORLD. Tint the shower sky-lite on the inside to stop the heat.
Buying the goodies never stops (wife said so).

The yellow plastic wheel chocks , well not all camp grounds are level. Hang on to them, you will need them one day to keep from rolling down
a incline to the next row of RV's.

If your shower hose comes out of the top of the shower ON/OFF fixture, it is mounted upside down ?????? Test your hot water side on/off to see which it turns to off?? Another words the cold on/off is on the left side and the hot is on the right for control.

It can be turned over to correct it. Be careful you don't drop the sealing washers behind the shower wall.

TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timex View Post
i don't know why rv manufacturers insist on putting flimsy faucets in their products. After paying $25,000, i would gladly pay $10 more for a quality fixture.

ditto!!!!!
Squishy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #9

Another for Roto-choks and Oxygenics showerhead.

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #10
Wanna Be Camper

X-Chocks and no answer on the shower as we don't use it, much prefer the lots and lots of hot water in the campground showers as we don't boondock. Also keep your wedge chocks as you should be using them when you park until the trailer is level front to back and then put in the X-Chocks because when you raise and lower the tongue of the trailer the wheels rotate abit and the X-Chocks will load up the tires and we all know trailer tires need all the TLC we can give them.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #11

Thanks for all the replies! We too take advantage of the park's shower facilities(when they are satifactory enough) after all we are paying for them in our site fee. Some places have either been well used or not maintained hence the need to use your own shower. One of the reasons we take our trailer is we know who slept in the bed before us(nobody!) Same goes with the shower. Been studying up on the SteadyFast stabilizer system-is it worth the investment in making my V-Lite steady?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #12
Wanna Be Camper

Try the X-Chocks first. We really don't have an issue with out V-Lite moving around using them. IMO it is a trailer and not a house so we don't expect it to be as solid as a house but it is quite stable as it is.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #13

We have a small camper and you can tell a difference with the X chocks when a 230 pounder walks through I use the yellow wally world wedges to chock and get level, then the stabs down, then the X chocks. When we leave, the X chocks come off first. Def worth the investment
Nights camped in 2011 = 17
Nights camped in 2012 = 4, 10 more planned
Endersbrab is offline   Reply With Quote