Old 05-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Transplant Texan

Hi all,
I moved to TX from OH. My wife was raised in Corpus. Before the decision to move I was a recreational boater. I liked to cruise Lake Erie. Boating was so dependant on lake conditions not just weather. We started thinking an RV would be nice. All the things we liked about boating could be found in RVing. I started looking at 5th wheels. Then I was convinced a class C would be the ideal thing. A lot has happened since 08. I have very recently considered a hard side A frame. I would like something I can tow with a 2 door Jeep Wrangler. Yes I am aware even the smallest of hard side pop ups push the towing limit of a Wrangler. Reseaching brought me to this forum.
I figure a salesman will tell me what he thinks I want to hear to sell me.
Some others without experience may tell me what they want me to beleive they know. But one who has experienced will hopefully tell me the truth.
So I am here to lurk and learn from those with experience.

Texasperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
Welcome. We'll take transplants here in Texas.

bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
Thank you,
My father in-law never called me by my name. I was his "Yankee Son In-Law" or just the "Yankee". After we moved my mother in law gave me one of the bumber stickers that read I was not born here but I got here as fast as I could. All in good fun. I miss them both.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
Welcome to the forum Texasperry! Lots of expreienced, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful people here willing to help you and give it to you straight.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
Welcome. I moved to Texas from Toronto Ont. 54 years ago and I'am proud that I did
Poppy Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
My mother is from WI. Brillion to be exact. All of my moms side of the family still live there.
Love to visit.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #7
Poppy Bill Canada was my favorit place to take the boat. Port Stanley and Rodeau Bay.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
Welcome to south Texas Perry. Don't know why your in-laws called you a yankee, although a few southern folks sometimes say that about people living north of Waco, Texas. Sayin' that about people is really considered impolite and just not right for a native Texan.

You see... Ohio, Texas (now a ghost town on Plum Creek in Hamilton County) is really only slightly north of Waco, Texas, not really enough to qualify for the "y" word.

Seriously, glad to have you here, your wife must have chosen wisely. -ray
+ 2013 Rockwood Windjammer 2809W
+ 2008 GMC Sierra Crew Z71
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #9
Site Team
Welcome to the forum! Doing research now can be pretty helpful with having more choices later on. You are right about some salesman saying what is needed to make a sale. Unlike the salesman at the first lot I was lucky to end up with another salesman on the second lot that discouraged me from buying a TT that beyond my limits.

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote