Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2014, 06:52 AM   #1

Trying to figure out how to live in a SP189 for 6 months.

We have been traveling for a long time having started tenting, then to Aliner, then to Trailmanor, and now SP189. We are just finishing 5 months on the road in the Trailmanor and this week we are suppose to pick up a 2010 SP189. We just got tired of setting up the Trailmanor after the 5 month 9000 mile trip. We rented our house out again next year to snowbirds and will be on the road again from middle of October to middle of April. We visit kids in grandkids since they are scattered all over the country. We live in Florida and head to Ohio-Michigan, and then to Los Angeles, and back home. We, wife and I, have two Cairn terriers with us. I am just trying to figure out how to live comfortably in a 20ft. trailer for this extended period of time. We did on it in the Trailmanor and I think we can adjust to this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Traveling in a trailer is the only way that I know of we can spend time with the kids and still have our privacy. I hate to interfere with the kids life when we stay with them for extended periods of time. We park in the kids driveway when with them. We have and will continue to use Zonecamping through Thousand Trails. We sure got our money's worth there. We are also Passport America members, but this is questionable since we have stayed at some real dumps.

We have looked at Class A's, but really hate to drive something that big and pull a toad. Hope we can work this out to meet our needs. We are currently in a state park here in Florida and several trailers similar to SP189. We we stay at Thousand Trails, we are the small camper.

Hope to learn from this site. I appreciate this site and have done some searching with it. Thanks John
Tampajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome John! Sounds like quite a nice series of trips you've got there ahead of you. Have fun with it and good to have you aboard!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote