Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2017, 10:49 PM   #21

If my memory serves me...you have to pull the fuse or D.C. the battery to reset the furnace. The control board/fan is wired direct for safety. Cheap check.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:06 PM   #22
Retired Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
If my memory serves me...you have to pull the fuse or D.C. the battery to reset the furnace. The control board/fan is wired direct for safety. Cheap check.
I did turn the battery switch off to disconnect DC to the whole package. It didn't reset the blower. Good thought tho,
wbemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:25 PM   #23

Had a similar problem on my 2017 Wolf Pup. Couldn't turn off the furnace in 30° ambient temps even with the thermostat in the OFF position. I asked the dealer, then factory if it was a safety feature to prevent freezing...never got a response from either. Don't have much use for the furnace so I just disabled it.
jeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:13 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbemis View Post
Your reply had merit and I'll sure try. I'm a retired electrical/control circuit person myself, so I'm deep into a real and provable reasoning on this. It's 2 days now, and the blower still comes on when I turn on that rocker switch. If this is a design error we need to document it as such.
Just so you can see how my furnace is mounted and what my fix looks like I have attached some pictures.[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0755.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	138698[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0754.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	138697  
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:58 PM   #25
Retired Nuke

Unique issue?

After several weeks the furnace motor no longer runs without a reason. The cover is well designed and properly mounted so I don't think my water is coming from there. The screws inside the compartment have rust on them now, it's getting wet from someplace. I used silicone caulking along the top and sides of the cover even tho I didn't see an obvious problem. 4" rainstorm later and no running heater motor. Maybe?
wbemis is offline   Reply With Quote