Old 04-06-2016, 01:18 PM   #11
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new tt and. Like most My first camper was a pop up and we work our way up the latter to bigger better now we worked our way back to just a tt. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #12
rvb

I can certainly see how the upgrade cycle happens!

Right now the 195bh should work for a couple years. I'm already worried it may be a little cramped when the kids get bigger. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it...

We won't have a whole lot more "living space" compared to the pop-up, but each kid will have their own bunk (which should reduce some of the bed-time bickering), we'll have a lot more storage, we'll have a toilet/shower, and a lot less work at set-up/tear-down time.

Looking forward to it!

We have a trip booked for Memorial Day W/E. All the electric sites were booked, so we'll be going "primitive" for our first trip out, a new experience in itself!

-rvb

rvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #13

Hello from Annapolis. I looked at the WW 19BH and fell in love with the WW 201BH (Murphy bed) but the width was what ultimately changed my mind. If you're not fully committed to the 19BH, may I suggest checking out the Clipper 17BH and doing a side-by-side comparison...very nice unit for sure. We took ours out for the first time with our 14 & 16 year old boys and (and of course, Luci, the basset hound). They're 170lbs a piece and were very happy with the bunks.

"Choppy" Lemire
2016 Clipper 17BH
2014 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x Crew Cab
Choppy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:10 PM   #14
rvb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppy72 View Post
Hello from Annapolis. I looked at the WW 19BH and fell in love with the WW 201BH (Murphy bed) but the width was what ultimately changed my mind. If you're not fully committed to the 19BH, may I suggest checking out the Clipper 17BH and doing a side-by-side comparison...very nice unit for sure. We took ours out for the first time with our 14 & 16 year old boys and (and of course, Luci, the basset hound). They're 170lbs a piece and were very happy with the bunks.
we looked at one very similar at the show, maybe a different brand label, but what we didn't like was the narrower width resulted in a smaller dinette for fitting 4 people around, as well as no end access to get into the bed (or able to use that floor space for storage/shoes/etc). width wasn't really an issue for towing or storing, so I didn't see a benefit going narrower, personally.

something like the 201bh is what I see us upgrading to in a few years. I like that floor plan. right now we are somewhat price driven and don't want a loan and that model is another 30-50%.

Lived in Severn MD for several years...

-rvb
Old 04-06-2016, 05:29 PM   #15

Holy Cow ! Talk about jogging my memory . We started in a pop up ,also. Setting up in a tropical depression in our first trip to Myrtle Beach was horrible. We ended up w/ a bent bed pole- that sucked . Makes me appreciate !
Old 04-06-2016, 05:29 PM   #16

We did a similar path -- found the pop up just too much work (and a rain magnet) so we upgraded to small TT. NO REGRETS! We love the ease and quick set up of the TT vs the pop up.

I do miss the tent feeling of the pop up though. I do sometimes wish we'd bought a hybrid. However, at the time the hybrid was $2000 more and price was the deciding factor.

You made a good decision.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #17
Bae

We just bought a 2306 Mini Lite with a Murphy bed. The TT is the way to go, my wife doesn't like setting up and taking down much.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:04 PM   #18

Welcome! The majority of my camping life has been in tents, save for a short period between 8-10 years old when my parents bought a tent trailer. But after a couple seasons in there with my sister and then sisters I had enough and when back in to a tent . Up until last season I have only tent camped as well, along with my wife and three kids. We started them young as our parents bad with us. Now we just just upgraded to a travel trailer and can't wait to get out and start using it. Looking forward to all the benefits and getting off the ground . Also being able to extend the camping season. I can't agree with you more about getting the kids out and away from the electronics. Ours are 8 almost 6 and 3 and it can be a struggle to find that balance. Here's to getting out and making some great memories :beer:
BC Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:34 AM   #19
rvb

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman53 View Post
Holy Cow ! Talk about jogging my memory . We started in a pop up ,also. Setting up in a tropical depression in our first trip to Myrtle Beach was horrible. We ended up w/ a bent bed pole- that sucked . Makes me appreciate !
one of our first trips last year it poured all night, 3-4". we were surrounded by a couple inches of water when we woke... that got us thinking about an on-board restroom after wading to the bath-house to 'go' in the morning. Our trip was cut short when our neighbors called and said power had been out in our development, so we headed home to man the generators/sumps. We just left everything at the campground and I drove back the next day to pack up the campsite.

-rvb
Old 04-07-2016, 09:48 AM   #20
rvb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unnamed Reader View Post
We did a similar path -- found the pop up just too much work (and a rain magnet) so we upgraded to small TT. NO REGRETS! We love the ease and quick set up of the TT vs the pop up.

I do miss the tent feeling of the pop up though. I do sometimes wish we'd bought a hybrid. However, at the time the hybrid was $2000 more and price was the deciding factor.

You made a good decision.
I really like the concept of the hybrid. we looked at a couple. the knocks were the price bump as you mentioned and if caught in the rain we'd still have the same hassle of having to open it up to air out canvas, only now we can't store it on our property like we could the pop-up, so that would be even more of a hassle.

-rvb

Tags
pop up