Old 05-22-2013, 02:05 AM   #1

Want to buy a Lite Travel Trailer with Quad Bunk Beds

We have a Suburban 1500 LT Model C10906 Tires P265/70R17 and are looking to buy a travel trailer that would we would be able to tow.

What would be a good one to tow with some headroom to deal with hills?

If we add a transmission cooler + use tow tires along with electric brake would that increase our options?

Old 05-22-2013, 03:29 AM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVing4Life View Post
We have a Suburban 1500 LT Model C10906 Tires P265/70R17 and are looking to buy a travel trailer that would we would be able to tow.

What would be a good one to tow with some headroom to deal with hills?

If we add a transmission cooler + use tow tires along with electric brake would that increase our options?
first, it would help to know the year and if it has the factory tow package. i'm assuming it doesn't since you are talking about adding a trans cooler.
second, adding the cooler, tow tires and brake controller(which is required by law and not an option if you tow a trailer w/elec. brakes), doesn't change what you can tow.
you won't have an easy time finding a quad bunk TT within your Burb's tow capacity. they're out there, just not many.
if the Burb has the factory tow package, your max towing will be around 7000lbs. and that's with only a 150lb. driver. additional passengers and any cargo in the car, lowers that 7000 number.

i have an '07 Avalanche, built on the same GM900 chassis as the Burb. i tow out West and my HTT weighs about 5000lbs. loaded. i woudn't tow anything over 5500lbs. loaded, with it.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:33 AM   #3
Engineer of Crazy Train

Welcome to the forum. Electric brakes are a must on basically all travel trailers.

How many adults/children are you trying to sleep? What are the age ranges? What type of camping will you be doing - boondocking with no hookups, or full hookup campgrounds? Do you want completely hard sided or are canvas bunks an option?
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #4

You guys are barking up the same tree as me Our 233S is supposed to sleep 10. I say it depends on the size of people. the bunks comfortably sleep 2 each, the sofa 1, the dinette 1 comfortably = 8.

Happy Camper Hunting!