Old 04-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #11

Congratulations on the new trailer and welcome to the forums from Idaho.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:39 PM   #12
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_03Cobra View Post
According to the Manuf. sticker, the max cargo weight can be 822lb. By adding a 2nd battery, a full tank of water (250lbs) for dry camping, plus all the other cargo and utils let's say I have 550lbs of total cargo. Does that mean that the total weight of people staying in the camper can be no more than 322lbs?
sounds like the yellow sticker states you have 822lbs. for cargo. since the brochure "fictional" cargo capacity is only 1025lbs., that sounds about right, since the weights of "options" added about 400lbs.
so, that does leave only 822lbs., which does NOT include the weight of the 1st battery, since that is added by the dealer, not the factory. so you have 822lbs. for one or two batteries, water and cargo.
so, 822 minus 70lbs. for two batteries and 250lbs. for water leaves a little over 500lbs. for cargo.
that's one of the problems with an ultralight trailer, low CCC numbers.

the weight of people staying in it, isn't really a factor.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #13
Site Team

Welcome and congrats. I agree with ependydad. The cargo weight refers to cargo being transported. Once you are parked and set up to camp, its not cargo anymore. Its just occupants and supplies. Invite your friends over and show it off.

Sent from David's RAZR M.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #14
Rockwood 2604WS

Thanks guys... that helps a lot. If I understand you correctly, it sounds like more of a liability / safety factor for towing versus how much weight the frame structure can handle at any given time. Cool... next party I'll invite all my car buddies and will fill it up LOL
Old 04-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #15
Rockwood 2604WS

dcheatwood... I see you have airlift products. I'm considering going that same route. I've read several threads on this forum and it looks as though the favorites are Firestone and Airlift. Any thoughts you have that can help my decision?
Old 04-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_03Cobra View Post
dcheatwood... I see you have airlift products. I'm considering going that same route. I've read several threads on this forum and it looks as though the favorites are Firestone and Airlift. Any thoughts you have that can help my decision?
I have gotten a lot of use with the airbags on my tundra. Airlift is Goodyear. I hear good things about Firestone also. I just replaced my 4 year old bags last week thinking they were the source of my left side leak. (Lifetime warranty) As it turns out, the problem is the manifold on the wireless air system. Seems the compressor has developed a moisture problem and cause corrosion in the manifold, interfering with cable functions. But the bags are a must have. Very pleased with them.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #17
Rockwood 2604WS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
I have gotten a lot of use with the airbags on my tundra. Airlift is Goodyear. I hear good things about Firestone also. I just replaced my 4 year old bags last week thinking they were the source of my left side leak. (Lifetime warranty) As it turns out, the problem is the manifold on the wireless air system. Seems the compressor has developed a moisture problem and cause corrosion in the manifold, interfering with cable functions. But the bags are a must have. Very pleased with them.

Did you find that also replacing your front struts to something stiffer made a difference? Or are you running the stock struts?
Old 04-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #18
Rockwood 2604WS

We're heading out on our first short trip to a local lake this afternoon. Can't wait!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #19
Site Team

Glenn, I'm still on original equip all around except just got new tires last months.