Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2010, 03:21 PM   #1

Well hello all

Just call me Max and my future wife I affectionately refer to as "yes dear" (I want to be happy not right). Well before I get married this summer I thought I would get my few toys before the future wife (god bless her) can & would say no. I purchased a used 2004 Forest River and a 2007 Trailblazer SS to tow it with. Happy to say the Blazer pulls like a freight train through the Rockies here in Alberta, Canada (of course after a few mods to the SUV not because I had to but because I can).

First year we had it we did about 6 trips around short to medium range trips, trying to get a feel for what the unit can offer as is and what I need to do to make it more comfortable. Really love the boon docking trailer life and looking forward to spring already. Victoria Day long weekend in May here in Canada is our first attempt at camping. Last year we did make it out on that weekend for the maiden voyage and had a great Friday thru Sunday night...but low and behold...true to Canadian weather...we woke up to 5" of snow on Monday morning...lesson learned...close the awning at night fully. No damage just more annoying, but we both laughed it off, turned the heat up had a great breakfast and were the last ones to leave the 200 plus sites of Crimson Lake Provincial Campground. Already have a long list of "upgrades" I thought of during our few trips. The wife (god bless her) is coming around and actually said she likes it now...just have to make it as comfortable as possible.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailblazer SS.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	2340  

2004 Forest River RV Salem T23FBL
2007 Trailblazer SS...I mod because I can!
MaxPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum Smart move buying before you get married now when you make her mad you have a place to stay at night .Visit and post often
Old 03-26-2010, 06:13 PM   #3

to the Forest River Forums. Not a bad idea to go on and get the dog house before you get married. At least you will be familiar with it.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:16 PM   #4

Okay, there seems to be a common theme happening here...is there something i should know about marriage here???

2004 Forest River RV Salem T23FBL
2007 Trailblazer SS...I mod because I can!
MaxPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPe View Post
Okay, there seems to be a common theme happening here...is there something i should know about marriage here???
Nah,we are just having a little fun with you. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #6

Marriage is that most wonderful of institutions. You find someone that you love with all of your heart. With any luck at all, both of you found the right person.
On the other hand, keep the keys handy to the Salem at ALL times!

Seriously dude, best of all to ya!

Pete
Carolinaphotoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #7

Congrats and happy camping from south Texas. My wife and i are celebrating #48 on june 1. Jeff Carey
Jeff Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #8

just remember this What yours is hers and what hers is hers and you be just fine lol
Old 03-27-2010, 11:56 PM   #9

i got a new car for my wife damn i gonna miss her