Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #1

Well This is interesting

Took delivery of our first new camper yesterday. We went with the Roo 23ss. Were coming from a 98 Coleman bayside elite pop up so this is all new to me. In fact I was wondering on the way home while trying to remember how to take care of black water tanks to de-winterizing to remembering the sequence of events to get the massive hitch with the sway controllers off without breaking something, (Namely me) if I didn't bite off a little more than I was ready for? But, So far so good. Pulled great with the 06 limited Expedition and I have so far managed to be doing ok with it, lol. YouTube seems to be my new companion. Of all things I was worried about controlling the T.V. was about last on the list. Guess what I cant do? Control the TV. I can put in a CD for the little guy, We can hear everything thru the speaker system nothing on the TV, No matter what I do? So, Although not big on my list, It is to the little guy. We are a family of 5 from south eastern Michigan. We normally have no limits to where we go other than time off work, We will pull anywhere we think we need to be and frequently do. 1 wife, 2 boys, 13 and 4, One daughter 11. So far love the forum and the helpful peoples advise.
Purdyquibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:16 AM   #2

We picked up our new 21DK on Monday, but we've had a HTT for 2 years prior...
Our issue is similar, but its the radio system remote that wont work, and no TV sound from the camper speakers......
ALSO....closely monitor your outside bunk ends for leaks after your 1st rain.....
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:33 AM   #3
Canadian Member

Purdyquibb, congrats on your new Roo 23SS. What year is it?

Please post the model of your entertainment system. If you aren't sure, post a picture. Folks with the same model may be able to help get the TV video working through the TV. Did you get the operating manual for the entertainment system?
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:51 AM   #4

ITAT,
Its a 2015 and I have no idea at this point about the radio, I will just post a picture tonight when I get home. I just cant believe it would be this hard to figure out, Almost sure something is not hooked up correctly. I did get the manual, I have through it from front to back, Even took the system out to ensure the cables were in fact hooked up. Congrats yetavon! we looked at that one as well, Very nice! That was the question I also about the remote, the book says use the remote to do certain things, I cant even find one?
Purdyquibb is offline   Reply With Quote