Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2015, 05:47 PM   #1

We're newbies to RVing!!!

Hello to all! My wife and I are about to purchase our new 2015 Forest River S. Hemisphere (337BAR) May 15th! We are experienced campers but totally new to this RV thing, so you may see us asking MANY questions in the coming days/months. First question... Is there a web site we can visit that is very thorough in discussing 1st-time 5th wheel set-up? I'm going to insure the dealership walks us through everything in/on the camper, but I'm sure too that something will get overlooked. I would rather we start ahead of time committing these things to memory. 2nd question... What about insurance for full-timers? Does anyone have any words of wisdom?

Signed,
"Steep Learning Curve"
mjwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:53 PM   #2

I purchased RV101 Educational DVDs to learn everything for my first trAvel trailer. Also check out YouTube videos.
greti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:00 PM   #3
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwise View Post
Hello to all! My wife and I are about to purchase our new 2015 Forest River S. Hemisphere (337BAR) May 15th! We are experienced campers but totally new to this RV thing, so you may see us asking MANY questions in the coming days/months. First question... Is there a web site we can visit that is very thorough in discussing 1st-time 5th wheel set-up? I'm going to insure the dealership walks us through everything in/on the camper, but I'm sure too that something will get overlooked. I would rather we start ahead of time committing these things to memory. 2nd question... What about insurance for full-timers? Does anyone have any words of wisdom?

Signed,
"Steep Learning Curve"
Just stay with the forum... tons of helpful people and info...I've found that in your sit. there's so much the pdi covers, if done right, one can-not remember all of the info...can't even write it all down. I went with my current insurance co. as I bundle for a better rate.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:23 PM   #4

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your new 2015 Hemisphere.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:36 PM   #5

Smile

Use the search option near top right of screen. Check the FRF (Forest River Forum) button and most all your questions and answers can be found there. I am new to this forum as well and have probably used the search for a hundred question's. SO FAR!
These owners on here know their sh**, uh stuff.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:23 PM   #6
Ambassador

hmm in my experience you tube wasn't that helpful. All I got was things like start your new adventure in the 2015 forest river rockwood snickerdoodle. C'mon down to Bob's RV Wonderland, we'll treat you right-wink wink nod nod... Waste of time in my humble opinion. Spend some quality time with your service department when you take delivery. Google specific questions. Make sure your first trips are close to home and with full hookups. Test everything, look everywhere, run everything. Don't be cheap with equipment you need to camp ie: hoses, cables, and tie downs and electrical hookups. Spend some money for comfort, get some mattress toppers so you'll rest better. explore have fun. Get all your concerns about functionality or lack there of addressed by the service department at your dealership. Insist that they fix anything lacking that you found on your shake down camping trips. Relax have fun.
Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:24 PM   #7
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberwolf 700 View Post
Use the search option near top right of screen. Check the FRF (Forest River Forum) button and most all your questions and answers can be found there. I am new to this forum as well and have probably used the search for a hundred question's. SO FAR!
These owners on here know their sh**, uh stuff.

This is also an excellent idea!

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwise View Post

Signed,
"Steep Learning Curve"
I am looking at the same unit, where are you purchasing yours?
GmanHawaii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags