Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2015, 10:21 AM   #1

We've Joined Your Ranks

Hi All,
We have taken the plunge and bought our first RV.

My wife is a musician and we have been traveling for weekend shows for eight years now. We had a lot of interesting experiences with AirBNB, but we are traveling more each year and thought it was time to invest in a small, cheap(ish), motorhome. It took a lot of time to find, evaluate, and book lodging, and since this is our income, we like to come home with more money than we left with, so we look for economical places to stay. We did some calculations and the motorhome looks like a no brainer.

So after some looking, we happened upon a 2007 Chevy Coachman Freelander 2230RK. It only had 7800 miles on it - the thing looks like it came off the showroom floor! I took my long time mechanic to check it out and he said that in the last 50 years that he has looked at a lot of used vehicles, he has never seen one this nice. When you look underneath the vehicle, it doesn't look like it was ever driven in the rain. The top is clean and looks like it was kept under a roof. The decals on the sides are shrunken and cracked - that's the only thing that shows it's age. I've seen these listed at 10 to 15K more than we paid, so we're quite pleased with it.

I have it in my shop and we're going over everything and getting it ready for the initial launch in March. We are newbies, so we have a lot to learn. Thank goodness for this forum! I get on here to search and read about anything I have a question about. (From poop to pots and pans.) What a great resource, and a big "Thank You" to everyone that contributes!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0898.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	69672   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0899.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	293.5 KB
ID:	69673   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0864.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	69674  
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:26 AM   #2

Welcome to the club, be sure to book the Goshen Rally, your wife could perform for everyone.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:43 AM   #3
fmc

Welcome to the forum and I am sure you will enjoy your new MH!
fmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:44 AM   #4

Looks like you found a gem. The stars are shinning on you for sure.

Enjoy and welcome to the forum.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:55 AM   #5

From Southside Virginia, You can always replace the decals, pretty easy to do, but it sure looks clean...Happy Travels...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:49 PM   #6

Welcome from Wisconsin, thanks for sharing the pics!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:11 PM   #7

Welcome from Northern Michigan, nice looking MH!
NavySailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:18 PM   #8

Nice find, welcome to FRF from SW Idaho.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:42 PM   #9

Thanks for the hardy welcome.

We'd love to attend a gathering, but my wife is usually booked somewhere or we have some personal things scheduled on the weekends. Maybe we could watch and if our plans have us near a future event we could sign up and just attend few weekdays.

I just have to say again, so far everything I had a question about is answered with a quick search of this forum.

We're hoping to launch for a test run to the York Flower Show in the beginning of March for a three day show, it is only an hour from home so it would be easy to abort and go home for the night. But I think we will have a pretty good handle on things by then.

I'm currently putting the batteries through a couple test cycles, they were dead because of it sitting. (I don't have a good feeling about their chances.) I found and replaced the crumbling fridge drain tube, but so far everything else has fired up and/or worked perfectly.

Now if temperature would get of the single digits, I'd get this puppy out of the warm garage and put some test miles on it.
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote