Old 09-27-2014, 05:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
In the meantime I am interested in the mods you do. You never know when one member's idea can help another. Even with a different type unit I borrowed a few ideas from the one of the "Pimp my...." mod threads.
I will certainly post full pics of all mods. I totally agree that if something we do can help another it should be shared!

T-9 paraplegic 25 years post
Qchair62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:15 PM   #12

Welcome, Qchair62. Best of luck to you in your project. I had my first camping trip this week since my right leg above the knee amputation last month. My apprehension about driving the MH disappeared within 100 yards down the road, and I had a good trip. We met a couple camping in an R-pod, wife drove and did all the set up, her husband in a wheelchair, paralyzed on right side by a stroke. Maybe I can use some of your mods in my MH. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to carry a coffee cup while using a pair of crutches.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #13
RKR

Welcome to the forum from Texas. Looking forward to following your adventure.

Sent from my high tech gadget
Old 09-27-2014, 06:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardwise View Post
Welcome, Qchair62. Best of luck to you in your project. I had my first camping trip this week since my right leg above the knee amputation last month. My apprehension about driving the MH disappeared within 100 yards down the road, and I had a good trip. We met a couple camping in an R-pod, wife drove and did all the set up, her husband in a wheelchair, paralyzed on right side by a stroke. Maybe I can use some of your mods in my MH. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to carry a coffee cup while using a pair of crutches.
Glad you are getting back out there! I hope we can chat sometime. Two companies make fully accessible TT including a wheelchair lift, but I didn't have30k to drop on one, so I am taking a 29 FBSRV and doing the mods. Don't worry about the new ways you have to do things, because you will get it figured out!
Old 10-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #15

Qchair62 looks like your in the same situation I was in... I'm in a wheelchair to and to find a RV that a person in a wheelchair can get in is hard to find that I could afford ... But I fold a 2015 Coachmen 301 BLDS toy hauler that I bought an I got Coachmen I leave the sliding doors in the middle out so I would have a straight shot to the front of the camper and so far it's worked great..so maybe yours will work out to.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:24 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Joe View Post
Qchair62 looks like your in the same situation I was in... I'm in a wheelchair to and to find a RV that a person in a wheelchair can get in is hard to find that I could afford ... But I fold a 2015 Coachmen 301 BLDS toy hauler that I bought an I got Coachmen I leave the sliding doors in the middle out so I would have a straight shot to the front of the camper and so far it's worked great..so maybe yours will work out to.
Love to hear about your rig and your disability. If you get the time, pm me or email me and we can talk. I am not sure how much you want to share about your situation in open forum. I am already posting the first mod to my Salem. I am having a garage sale this weekend but will try to get some pics put up in the forum on Monday if I can. I have to put the website and associated stuff up first. Glad you are not letting anything stop you from enjoying your RV and traveling! Keep on! I fly my Wheelchair Mafia flag everywhere so if you see me stop and hollar!
Old 10-03-2014, 04:20 AM   #17

Man it's good to hear you are going to do some mods and get out there traveling. I just bought a toy hauler to make it easier to get my brother in the camper. He's a C-5 quad. And trying to get him into my old one was not too fun. And on top of that his chair is 27" and the doors are only 24". Good luck. Can you pm me your website info. I'd like to check it out.

Tim
Vengeance touring edition 39R12
2012 Ram 3500 DRW

riznfall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, wheel