Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2009, 07:26 AM   #1

Where should we go???

Hey Everyone! We are celebrating our 20th anniversary on October 18th. We are taking the whole week off to just chill. We live in Southern Maryland and we're looking for somewhere fun to go where we can just bask in the glorious fall colors. I don't like traveling over 10 hours away (Hubby could drive alllllll week, but I'd rather be settled down). Got any ideas?
Old 09-09-2009, 07:54 AM   #2

Check the internet for peak leaf-viewing dates. From Maryland, your best bets are Northern Pennsylvania (Pocono's) or the Adirondack State Park in New York (if not too late). Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah's is lovely...but crowded. You can make it to Vermont in 10 hours if you don't stop for meals...

You and I both live in the middle of the beautifullest (Like that word?) area in the US for fall color.

Enjoy God's creation.

TacBear
TacBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:12 AM   #3

Skyline Drive is beautiful around the 3rd week of October. My wife and I are celebrating our 32nd anniversary September 17th and will be at the Hershey RV show. We are planing to have dinner somewhere in the area. My daughter is away at college and my son is living away from home, so it will be like starting all over again....just us.. By the way HAPPY ANIVERSERY.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #4
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Grab a cruise ship and take a New England cruise! :-)
That's what I'd be doing....

Happy 20th by the way! Quite a good milestone in these times.
We hit 27th this month!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
Enjoying Member

We used to live in SE PA and there is beautiful foliage this time of year for sure. From Valley Forge to the Poconos you can't go wrong. We live close to many things now as we did then and are spoiled not needing to go very far to find great camping with fun times. The cruise suggestion isn't bad if you're just looking for something special for the milestone celebration. 20 years is harder to find in a couple these days. Congrats on making it this far! DW and I are celebrating 27 married on Oct 9th. 30 together in total. We must be getting old but we refuse to submit to the age thing.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do bt whatever it is make it special.

Nights Camped: 2013-15 2012-28 2011-16 2010-10 2009-30
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 2WD w/trailer pkg 345HP 5.7 Hemi/5spd Auto/3.92 Rear
2008 Wildwood 23FLSRV - Prodigy Brake Controller - BlueOx WD Hitch
2011 Harley Electra-Glide Ultra Limited (His Bike) - 2005 V-Star 650 Classic (Her Bike)
ScottnKimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDJollyMon View Post
Grab a cruise ship and take a New England cruise! :-)
That's what I'd be doing....

Happy 20th by the way! Quite a good milestone in these times.
We hit 27th this month!

We celebrated our 30th last October on the Grandeur of the Seas, 9 nights out of Baltimore to the Carribean. I'd call it camping at sea with no cooking, cleaning and entertainment plus someone else has to do the driving and parking. Excellent meals and a bar always within a 100 yards.
The cruise lines are hurting due to the economy and prices are very reasonable now. For what you get it cheaper than spending a week at quite a few vacation spots.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote