Old 01-18-2015, 05:42 PM   #1
Where to buy Forest River items directly?

Hello! My wife and I bought an extremely nice 2011 Forest River Salem KQRSS and love it! There are a few items that we would like to purchase from Forest River but am unable to find where to do that online. We want to order the 'sink covers' (cutting boards that go over the sink), and I also want to buy an outside shower apparatus and install it myself as our camper didn't come with one. Anyone help a newbie with a web link? I can find items from other places on-line but we would rather support our camper makers that other camper parts suppliers.

Thanks and also thank you for this website! We have spent the last half hour just browsing and will come back often.

God bless!

David and Jennifer

MSGRude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:50 PM   #2
It is highly unlikely that FR has ANY parts for your trailer. They buy all the cabnitry from a vender,as complete units. There are no parts even for current model year because they are all designated for production. I tried to buy a piece of countertop ,even offered to buy the whole countertop when(actually before) we bought our 2015 and thats what we were told. Any parts that are left after a production change go to the salvage yards.That would be your only chance.

trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:01 PM   #3
Moderators' Assistant
the things you've mentioned, are things you can get at any RV parts store, cause none of them are FR-specific nor are they made by FR.
FR buys them from the same place the RV parts store buys them.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #4
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
the things you've mentioned, are things you can get at any RV parts store, cause none of them are FR-specific nor are they made by FR.
FR buys them from the same place the RV parts store buys them.

Most every camper is primarily an assemblage of parts produced by others. You can buy the outside shower right on Amazon, RV Plus, PPL, and many other sites and walk into just about any RV store and buy one off the shelf. For the sink covers, if your KQRSS has a drop-in sink (sits above the level of the countertop) it's a standard RV sink. You just need to know the dimensions of the bowl(s) and general shape.

Forest River has an online parts ordering system for its dealers, and they have access to the parts catalog. If you talk to a Salem dealer, have your VIN handy and they can look up the sink boards and see if there is any left in stock or available (trbomax is not quite correct, there is a pretty enormous parts center for the Salem/Wildwood sister lines, but they can only inventory so many parts and each division of FR handles their own parts).

If you find the cutting boards are not longer available anywhere for your sink, you can have them made either in wood or poly.
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:40 AM   #5

Thank you for all the input...we actually did just that. We ordered everything from our Amazon account...and a few other things too. It is easy to get the fever here in Fargo, North Dakota, in the middle of winter. Especially when our winter has been very, very today it is 35 out right now...above zero! It has been unseasonably warm.

My wife and I bought our KQBSS (Not KQRSS as I mentioned earlier...for those of you that are in MN, KQRS was ((is)) a rock station from my teenage years, sorry) in August of last year and used it I think 4 or 5 weekends. It was fantastic and we already have 6 trips planned. We are very excited.

Thanks for the info.

David and Jennifer
MSGRude is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river