Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #1

who is ready for camping?!

Hi all....we are so ready for camping!

Our seasonal campround is opening 4/30...cannot wait!

Even more so now that we just traded in our 2006 Gulfstream Conquest Supreme for something we just saw at the Madison RV show earlier this month!

Kids dont know yet....its the new Wildwood Grand Lodge Loft!!

We had eyed the Wildwood 402B I think it was back in 2006, but got a better deal on the Conquest....

I think hubby is regretting taking the trip up there to meet our friends.....lol
AvaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:00 PM   #2

Congradulations!

That sounds great ... Wildwood Grand Lodge Loft ... I'm sure the kids will love it ... just the sound Loft makes me think of kids hiding in a loft and lots of summer fun ... Congradulations and lots of fun with your new trailer!
mission impossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

What a great surprise for the kids when they see it. Congrats on the new unit. Please post some pictures once you get it.
Have fun!!!

Spring's getting closer every day!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #4

Here in Florida, we camp year round!
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #5

We camped 3 days last week on the Texas Gulf coast. Today it's snowing, Texas weather. Sunburn one day freeze the next.

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08flagvlite View Post
Yeah but you'll never have all the enjoyment of shoveling 20+ inches of snow within a 10 day period.

Come on Spring time!!!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mission impossible View Post
That sounds great ... Wildwood Grand Lodge Loft ... I'm sure the kids will love it ... just the sound Loft makes me think of kids hiding in a loft and lots of summer fun ... Congradulations and lots of fun with your new trailer!
Thanks so much!.THis is our unit we are going to grow old(er) in...lol..we finally got a site down by the lake, so we figured if we are going to get something bigger, now would be the time....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
What a great surprise for the kids when they see it. Congrats on the new unit. Please post some pictures once you get it.
Have fun!!!

Spring's getting closer every day!!

I will post pics...we have 3 kids, 16, 13 and almost 4...so this is perfect....I say we will be happy..but broke! LOl
But our campground is abt 2 hrs away, so we are there all the time in the summer...we do get to use it alot....we love being apart of the seasonal campground.
My kids get the best of both worlds camping, their dad (my ex) has a ROckwood Lite...31 footer I think...and they head off to TN and Va Beach every summer....although last year they were tired of trailer life...lol (poor kids...right?!) NOT!

So many moons ago I did the camping in the pop up....tents.....I just cannot get over the products that are out now! We had so much fun at the Madison RV show just looking at all the units.....the outside kitchen seems to be the new "in thing"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08flagvlite View Post
Well, when we get old(er) lol.....ok,,the kids too...we want to just have our place in WI and a neat little unit to drive around and camp...like FLORIDA!

One day I will get to stay in Ft WIlderness at Disney!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipshot View Post
We camped 3 days last week on the Texas Gulf coast. Today it's snowing, Texas weather. Sunburn one day freeze the next.
ANd I thought Chicago weather was crazy!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Yeah but you'll never have all the enjoyment of shoveling 20+ inches of snow within a 10 day period.

Come on Spring time!!!!!
Love your avatar pic....and the cruise ship behind it!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaMom View Post
Love your avatar pic....and the cruise ship behind it!
Thanks we were celebrating our 30th Anniversary on Royal Caribbean's "Grandeur of the Seas" at their resort in Labbadee at the north shore of Haiti. Just wish that kind of weather would hurry up and get here.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to BENTE
i am more than ready to go!!!

spent last saturday and sunday cleaning and doing odds and ends... we will be going out on our first trip of 2010 on march the 5th.. so not much longer till it is time to open up the camping season. this will be our first year with a camper. so i am looking forward to getting the kids (2 & 13) out there.. i have spoken to several people who say it is the best money they could spend.. by takng the family camping, and i want my kids to have those experiences.. plus i get to spend those times with them. since my parents were never campers, i hope to build fond memories..

i am looking forward to your photos of your new rig..

tb

2009 Wildwood 26tbss
Nights Camped in 2010 38
BENTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENTE View Post
i am more than ready to go!!!

spent last saturday and sunday cleaning and doing odds and ends... we will be going out on our first trip of 2010 on march the 5th.. so not much longer till it is time to open up the camping season. this will be our first year with a camper. so i am looking forward to getting the kids (2 & 13) out there.. i have spoken to several people who say it is the best money they could spend.. by takng the family camping, and i want my kids to have those experiences.. plus i get to spend those times with them. since my parents were never campers, i hope to build fond memories..

i am looking forward to your photos of your new rig..
You're almost a week away!!!! While I dont consider myself a camping officiando since we are seasonal...lol We enjoy checking out all the rigs that come through for the weekends. we have met great people!!
Camping people are just nice people.....and kids do make great memories...before we bought our first trailer in the campground...( got an old park trailer for $5K....at the end of the season, got a great site with it, this was over 5 yrs ago)
We use to go up to the WI Dells and rent out a trailer for week in a campground..and we were hooked! It was cheaper than the area hotels, more fun....end of story! lol
Old 02-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to BENTE
we have several federal parks within a hour of the house on Lake Hartwell seven of them are for campers.. so since i drive a thousand miles a week for a living we stay pretty close to home.. but it is always great to get my wife away from the house.. it is deffinatly a stress relief for her.. and everyone knows "when momma is happy everyone is happy"

so we are all ready to go. like i said we will be enjoying ours for the firsat year. we bought it late in the season last year we still went camping 8 times for two nights each time.. and the new has not worn off yet.. so everyone is ready to get out there..

tb

2009 Wildwood 26tbss
Nights Camped in 2010 38
BENTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #13

I just spent over 10 hours of researching all of the brochures I picked up at the Maryland RV show this weekend and laying out 2010 Camping Schedule in an Excel spreadsheet. This sheet has our arrival and departure dates, Take Vacation dates, Campground names, links, phone numbers, address, travel distance/hours and more. As of right now, we will start camping in Maryland March 26 at Morris Meadows. This will jump start our camping quest for the season. We are weekend warriors and this spreadsheet has us camping at 2 to 3 times a month so no grass shall grow under our feet!!!!! We are fully booked from March to Thanksgiving and this week we are in the process of leaving deposits or paying in full for all campgrounds in our spreadsheet. By the way, did I mention we both have full time jobs – yep, we sure do. But it’s called getting every other Friday off and managing your leave to work around your camping extravaganza. We will camp from Canada to Florida this 2010 season! I just have to figure out how to get this 20+ inches of snow out of my way right now to just drive my baby this weekend……yuck!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #14
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty View Post
I just spent over 10 hours of researching all of the brochures I picked up at the Maryland RV show this weekend and laying out 2010 Camping Schedule in an Excel spreadsheet. This sheet has our arrival and departure dates, Take Vacation dates, Campground names, links, phone numbers, address, travel distance/hours and more. As of right now, we will start camping in Maryland March 26 at Morris Meadows. This will jump start our camping quest for the season. We are weekend warriors and this spreadsheet has us camping at 2 to 3 times a month so no grass shall grow under our feet!!!!! We are fully booked from March to Thanksgiving and this week we are in the process of leaving deposits or paying in full for all campgrounds in our spreadsheet. By the way, did I mention we both have full time jobs – yep, we sure do. But it’s called getting every other Friday off and managing your leave to work around your camping extravaganza. We will camp from Canada to Florida this 2010 season! I just have to figure out how to get this 20+ inches of snow out of my way right now to just drive my baby this weekend……yuck!
We did the show last Friday. Picked up a few brochures for a few new places. We've started a list in our Favorites on the internet. Morris Meadows is a place we frequent each year since we can be there in about 35-40 minutes.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #15

Quote:
We did the show last Friday. Picked up a few brochures for a few new places. We've started a list in our Favorites on the internet. Morris Meadows is a place we frequent each year since we can be there in about 35-40 minutes.
Yes, we really like Morris Meadows and the bison farm down the road. They have fantastic burger and steaks and oh yes, real bison roaming on the farm up close and in your face. The bison farm even has an area to allow about 10 RVs to camp with full hooks, too cool.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:58 PM   #16

oh ya -20 tonite and tomarow nite but season is comming fast....... just not fast enough
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:48 PM   #17

We've got 3 nights booked next month, March 12th, 13th & 14th at Marvel Family Resort on the banks of the Ill. River near Gore, OK. Taking a couple of GD's, 7 & 8. Fun and games for the kids, crafts for the wife and if I'm lucky some trout fishing for me.

A couple of weeks after that I'll camp at Lake Eufaula State Park and do some crappie fishing. They should be spawning about then.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:01 AM   #18
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty View Post
Yes, we really like Morris Meadows and the bison farm down the road. They have fantastic burger and steaks and oh yes, real bison roaming on the farm up close and in your face. The bison farm even has an area to allow about 10 RVs to camp with full hooks, too cool.
We've been meaning to go there but haven't gotten around to it. Most of the time we go there is to just get away, take a bunch of food with us and just hang around enjoying the quiet.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-24-2010, 06:44 PM   #19

Hey cfsoistman, I guess we COULD pack up the camper, put on some snow chains...e bay?? and come visit the great white north, so we can experience shoveling snow first-hand!! NAH!!!
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #20
Cyber Phrenologist

We'll hide close by in a county park about 75 miles away for a week. Early April.

Close, cheap, easy.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote