Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #1

Wildwood Xlite 28bhxl New Owners In NC

Hello everyone,
We are new travel trailer owners, long time tent campers. We finally decide to move up to a TT and hopefully will enhance our camping experiences. Taking our first trip in 3 weeks, can't wait. Any items we should include that are not normally thought off? I have read numerous posting here and everyone seems helpful and happy.
Thanks
Attached is a picture when we brought it home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	48460-albums1548-picture8800.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	39414  
TomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
Always Learning

Welcome! When I got my camper last year, the dealer didn't include much of anything except the power cord (came from the manufacturer), a 50amp to 30amp adapter (accidentally, I think) and a really cheap sewer hose that only had bayonet fitting on one end.

We left the dealer and went camping that day. On our way, we stopped at a Walmart (where I promptly skipped a curb). We picked up a few things:
1) white drinking water hose
2) full sewer kit
3) yellow wheel chocks
4) and then some decidedly non-camping items (TV/DVD combos, bedding and other random household items)

From an RV store prior to that, I also had a cheap water pressure regulator.

I'd be willing to be that's about the bare minimum needed for a first trip out.

Take your sense of humor and a pen/paper and take notes as you go.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #3

Thats funny, I got the same thing. Cheap sewer hose with 1 end and a 30amp to 15 amp adapter plug. We have bedding, tv/dvd and most important toliet paper inside. I have water hose and regulator. Will probably get another sewer hose. What about the sewer hose cradle(sidewinder), do some campgrounds require it?
Thanks for the input
Tom
TomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
Always Learning

I personally like the sewer kits from Walmart. They have a 90-degree elbow for the in-ground sewer connection at the site. Some sites are threaded and the one at Walmart is, too. With my camper, it's really long and I need a good bit of sewer hose, so I got an end for the 2nd end of the sewer hose that my dealer gave me (this end has the nubs).

I'm not a believer in the sewer hose supports. Only once have I been at a site where my "stuff" wouldn't flow up hill and I honestly thing I was fighting other issues that time. Lots of people use them, though. On the cheap- some blocks and a piece of vinyl gutter will do the same thing. Just doesn't compress as nicely.

I've never been anywhere that required them.

Tags
28bh, wildwood