Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #21
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Check the reverse polarity fuses in your converter. There are two; usually large orange (40 amp) blade types.

I attached a trouble shooting guide for the WFCO 8900 - if you have a different one it should help you get started anyway.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WFCO 8900 Troubleshooting guide.pdf (4.69 MB, 49 views)
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA.
Posts: 51
So...here's an update on the house batteries charging problem. On this Discovery 39s it appears that the chasis or engine batteries are being charged by the inverter and not the house batteries. I confirmed that after a couple of weeks (house batteries were fully charged when parked) connected to shore power the house batteries are now dead. However when checking the status panels the chasis battery meter indicates they are being charged but the house batteries are not. The output of the inverter is connected directly to the house batteries + and - posts. The inverter is on. The meters indicate the chasis batteries are being charged instead of the house batteries even though the house batteries are driectly connected to the inverter. How is this possible??? Has anyone see this before?

Frustrated!
__________________

__________________
RONXS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by RONXS69 View Post
So...here's an update on the house batteries charging problem. On this Discovery 39s it appears that the chasis or engine batteries are being charged by the inverter and not the house batteries. I confirmed that after a couple of weeks (house batteries were fully charged when parked) connected to shore power the house batteries are now dead. However when checking the status panels the chasis battery meter indicates they are being charged but the house batteries are not. The output of the inverter is connected directly to the house batteries + and - posts. The inverter is on. The meters indicate the chasis batteries are being charged instead of the house batteries even though the house batteries are driectly connected to the inverter. How is this possible??? Has anyone see this before?

Frustrated!
Time to take it to a preofessional who is able to test and check the complete system.
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #24
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Yes. It has happened many times and there are threads here with the fix.

Here is some help finding the issue. Search on battery control centers.

here is one: battery control center - sdc-107a
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery_Control_Schematic.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	22784  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Battery Control Center Information -1.pdf (1.34 MB, 63 views)
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #25
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA.
Posts: 51
Unfortunately the unit has been to the "professionals" twice, once they tested everything and said the batteries were bad so replaced the 4 house bats, didn't take long before they died so took it back and they replaced the emergency start soleniod! Both trips totalled over $2,000 and problem still exists!

Thanks for the input Lou! I'm going to concentrate on battey breaker box as the fleetwood schematics call it.
__________________
RONXS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #26
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
There are several fuses in the system and each has two connections that can get corroded and stop the flow of charging current.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by RONXS69
Unfortunately the unit has been to the "professionals" twice, once they tested everything and said the batteries were bad so replaced the 4 house bats, didn't take long before they died so took it back and they replaced the emergency start soleniod! Both trips totalled over $2,000 and problem still exists!

Thanks for the input Lou! I'm going to concentrate on battey breaker box as the fleetwood schematics call it.
Seems like a wiring error, looking at schematics the coach battery should receive power before th chassis when on gen or shore power. IE if the coach isn' getting it the chassis can't get it! All the power controls design I've seen. Thi proplem goes back aways. Time to start at square one. There are two wire diagrams forwarded to you recently. They can help.
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #28
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA.
Posts: 51
I have the fleetwood wiring schematic, attached, if you look at them you'll note (page 1) that the inverter/charger is directly connected to the house batteries. Both the house and chasis/engine batteries are connected to the "battery breaker switch" (view A) in series with the isolator/emergency start solenoid. I have checked and rechecked the wiring and all is as the schematic shows. Baffled I am, so says Yoda

</SPAN>
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2009-03-11_030420_Chassis_Electrical_03_fleetwood.pdf (693.7 KB, 49 views)
__________________
RONXS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #29
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA.
Posts: 51
Not going to touch that post with a ten foot keyboard cable!!!!
__________________
RONXS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by RONXS69
I have the fleetwood wiring schematic, attached, if you look at them you'll note (page 1) that the inverter/charger is directly connected to the house batteries. Both the house and chasis/engine batteries are connected to the "battery breaker switch" (view A) in series with the isolator/emergency start solenoid. I have checked and rechecked the wiring and all is as the schematic shows. Baffled I am, so says Yoda

</SPAN>
Say it aint so, how do you disconnect from the batteries on or off SP?? Haven't digested the 10 page drawing yet, but can you isolate?. FR can take a lesson in drawing presentation
__________________

__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
battery

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 AM.