Old 01-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONXS69 View Post
Not going to touch that post with a ten foot keyboard cable!!!!
Ok- I've looked over page one and already find some fault with the drawing as shown.

A. The inverter connectins shown with 300 amp interrup is probably not the converter also. The battery charge is usually in the converter ouitput, I haven't located yet. It would never be 300 amps, more like 50. Thats a/c being converted to battery charger voltage and some left over to to run the DC in the coach.

The inverter on the other hand manufacturers ac from the batteries thus the high 300 amp. 3 amps of AC use requires maybe 40 DC amps to manufacurer.

Design feature you can correct, the hyd pump comes off the chassis starting batteries. In a mishap you'll loose them very quick. All modern designs use Hyd pump from the coach batteries, theres more capacity

So yes the inverter is connected to the batteries direct but the charger converter is not. If you have DC when plugged into shore power, could be the charger portion the converter is bad. There is a 135 amp power supply at the top of drawing marked x and y OEM wires. that may be the output from the charger. Had to give up for now, maybe with you time invested you can make quiicker sense of this.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #32

I have gone over this MH top to bottom and there is NO converter in the unit. If there is one I can't find it. The auto transfer switch is located under the master suite bed which is adjacent to the basement compartment where the rest of the charging electronics are located. Definately no converter under the bed either. The schematics make no reference to a converter. The Xantrex 458 is definately an inverter/charger and I believe this MH has a model 25 which is capable of outputting 130 amps DC which is more than adequate to power the 12 volt devices. Two weeks ago, after replacing the 300 amp fuse and correctly rewiring the house batteries everything seemed to be working correctly. Batteries were charging both when the MH was running (without shore power), from the generator, and also from shore power. The only odd thing was on the battery status monitoring panel. It seemed the stats were reversed (house bats on MAIN and chasis/engine on AUX). The owner states that MAIN was always the chasis bats. So I reversed them on the "battery breaker box" and panel status readings matched those of my voltmeter connected directly to the bats, but then the relay switched atuomatically and the readings were reversed again. So I set them back to their original state and they were fine until the relay switched again (the emergency start relay, I'm sure). The owner stayed in the MH a day and a half and said everything worked fine (except for the status reading). Now two weeks later after being parked and connected to shore power she says she has no power anywhere except for 110 AC power to her applicances and AC outlets. I understand why RV shops charge so much to troubleshoot issues like these becuz I know how many hours I've spent on it thus far. Whew! I'm going to look at it again this saturday.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #33

Ok here's what I found note paragraph #2. What I was sayin in my last post, its possible but unusual for inverting and converting in one box. Your machine info led to a good source.

http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Inv...-01_rev-2).pdf

Under installation they go through the startup procedure. In para 2 they mention if the polarity is reversed it will damage the unit, not like most with rev. polarity fuses. Pretty involved (expensive machine), without it in reach very difficult to troubleshoot. Hope this will help, there are more good T/S ideas in that adobe document, found under xantrex. Helps the forum a bunch to provide all the documen you have.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #34

Roger that. I read through it as well. Here's the latest: the owner got home and found that the MH would not start. The "Main" status panel indicated 13.6 volts, the "AUX" panel registered no voltage. The Xantrex was indicating it was in charge mode. The owner turned off the Xantrex, disconnected shore power, and connected a battery charger to the main or chasis/engine batteries. Once the charger was connected she went inside and the "AUX" status panel immediately showed 14.2 volts wherein before she connected the battery charger it read nothing! So something is definately bass ackwards! While letting the engine bats charge she noticed the microwave clock was on even though the inverter was turned off. I asked her to connect a 110 ac appliance to her outlet and try it. She turned a hair dryer on and it worked!! Therefore the house batteries were running through the inverter even though it indicated it was off (again no shore power). After a few minutes of charging the engine bats she was able to start the MH. At this time all the 12 volt lights, etc. started working. What a mess. Between the auto transfer switch, the Xantrex auto transfer/charge feature, the emergency start solenoid, and the battery breaker switch box, who knows what's going on here!!!

More troubleshooting required!!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #35

After your friends symptoms today, it seems for sure the converter is not providing the 13.2 or higher to coach batteries or DC bus. It is 4stage unit but as you read will be damaged if reveresed. I'm sure it can be saved but close to 1,000 I think it requires more than the local electrician. Maybe call them and you can ship to a service center. Note also the inverter should never be on unless needed. Even with no AC load it will run the batteries down.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #36

Where is the Intellitec Bi-Directional Relay Delay in the Sunseeker?
Old 09-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald.saumure
Where is the Intellitec Bi-Directional Relay Delay in the Sunseeker?
Try to operate the battery disconnect and listen for the loud click. It will be close to the coach battery.

Tags
battery