Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #1

Dash gauges going wonky

I think the voltage regulator for my gauges is done on my 04 Reflection.
When I first fire up when cold all the gauges work as normal but as things warm up the fuel and temp gauges slowly work their way up and the oil pressure and voltage work their way down until all gauges are pegged. I have noticed that the air gauges are starting to do the same. If I pull over and let things cool down for awhile they once again work as normal for 15 - 20 minutes and then start their trek to the pegs once again.
I am assuming this is probably the dash voltage regulator that has gone bad as the engine runs fine with nothing out of the ordinary to indicate otherwise.
Does anyone know where this regulator is located? I have taken the dash part way out to have a look but there is quite a mess back there and don't want to dislodge something and have further isssues. Is there anything else I should be looking at or checking? This is a Freighliner chassis with the Cat engine.
David.
Blue Oval Man is offline   Reply With Quote