Old 11-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #1

Electric Step

I'm hoping someone with the same motorhome I have will be able to point me in the right direction on this question. My electric step started to feel a bit sloppy shortly after I bought it. Not a huge deal, it still worked with no problems. Of the past few trips it seems to be getting worse. When you step on the bottom step, the whole thing sags down to the ground. If I have it high up on the jacks the step doesn't reach the ground, but it feels VERY unsafe.

I've taken the whole step apart and the problem seems to be with the little plastic bushings that connect the step to the folding step frame. Does anyone know if there is a way to order just the bushings for it? The step still works, it goes in and out and retracts just fine. I'd hate to spend the $600+ on a new step because of $4 worth of parts.

Thanks.
Brian

Prepilot_3ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:11 AM   #2

I have had lots of problems with my steps on a 08 Georgetown 374. Problems started right from the get go. Just got a whole new assembly installed. Mine did do what you describe, I believe that was caused by the shoulder bolt being broken at FR when they installed and put it in too tight. So check that. Gary

Old 12-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggantilla View Post
I have had lots of problems with my steps on a 08 Georgetown 374. Problems started right from the get go. Just got a whole new assembly installed. Mine did do what you describe, I believe that was caused by the shoulder bolt being broken at FR when they installed and put it in too tight. So check that. Gary
I'll have to check that out! Thanks

BRian
Prepilot_3ck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reflection