Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2015, 11:00 PM   #1
N7FN

Reading Cummins ISB Engine Codes

My Cummins ISB-260 in my 2000 Reflection 327 went into survival mode (Yellow Engine Warning Light) so I parked it and went looking for an Diesel Engine Mechanic. After about two hours I restarted the engine but the engine light did not come back on. I have driven the RV for about 700 miles with no problems. I know that the engine computer will store the fault codes in it's memory. The Cummins Service Manual instructions tell me to turn on the diagnostic switch or connect the shorting plug into the diagnostic connector.

Anyone know where the Diagnostic Switch is on the Reflection or how to connect the shorting plug into the diagnostic connector?

Thank you,
Frank
Frank_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:52 PM   #2

It really depends on the exact ECM you have, some ISB CM800 series ECMs are capable of limited onboard diagnostics (a diag switch, or at the very least grounding a pin at the ecm) and some are not.

in either case, your best bet is still to find someone with a scantool, or better yet someone with a com adapter and cummins insite software.

Being a soft code theirs likely nothing to worry about, but its still nice to have a scantool or insite to be able to have some more diagnostic information rather than just an XX code.

Not familiar with the coach, but most manufacturers put a engine diagnostic switch on the firewall under the dash, generally an ABS diagnostic switch located with it if its equipped.

FYI, if its a ISBE2/3/4 CM850 type ECM, its pin 2 of the OEM connector (smaller 50pin rectangular plug) on the ECM that you ground to enter diagnostic mode.

if you have the engine serial number handy i can get you a little better (specific) info
Old 02-21-2015, 07:38 PM   #3
N7FN

Thank you for your reply ykdave.
Engine Model: ISB-260 (5.0l)
Engine S/N: 54 89 7582
I would appreciate any information you have.
Frank
Frank_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:34 PM   #4

can i get you to check that ESN again, its coming up as an invalid #
Old 03-29-2017, 06:20 AM   #5

Anyone located their Obd2 port on a 2000 reflection?
WI nomad is offline   Reply With Quote