Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2008, 12:50 AM   #1

Question dash switches

I just purchased a 1998 windsong from a car dealer who didn't know much about the coach. On the dash, next to the rear view monitor, there are 4 toggle switches. The bottom switch is missing it's id or name plate so I don't know what this switch is for and neither does the dealer that sold the coach to me. Can someone please tell me what it is for? Also, what kind of fluid do you use for the leveling jacks? And what does the yellow light indicate on the leveling jacks panal?
havgoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #2

Switchplate and Hydro fluoid

Use Dexron trans fluid for the hydro system. Also, can you send a picture of the dash in question?
Up the river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:34 PM   #3

Switch Hitter

Hi Havgoods
Your dash sounds the same as my 2000 325s I have 4 switches to the right of the rear-view monitor my bottom switch is for power to the radio when the key is off.

This is out of the HWH Manual (you can download it on line.)

FLUID: HWH Specialty Hydraulic Oil is recommended. In an
emergency Dexron automatic transmission fluid can be used.
NOTE:
Dexron automatic transmission fluid contains red dye
and can cause staining should a leak occur. DO NOT USE
brake fluid or hydraulic jack fluid. Use of these can damage
seals.

The yellow light indicates the low side of the motor home if you go to HWH web site there is a nice power point on operating the semi-auto jacks.

Now a Question for you.

Do you have a switch on the left hand side of the instrument cluster above the left dash air vent and do you know what that one dose?

Happy Trails
Rick10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windsong