Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #1

Wash & Wax

We just closed a deal on a 2003 Windsong 326, beautiful condition, with a low number of kms. The delivery date is April 26. Naturally we want to maintain the almost new look of this coach, so a wash & wax will be in order. After seeing the amount of elbow grease involved, my spouse suggested we get the dealership to do this spring's wax job previous to delivery. Sounded like a good idea.

But I think we'll do it ourselves. The quote for a wash & wax was $1,500. $2,295 if we added in an interior detailing. Whew! We're satisfied with everything else but thought these prices extreme.

What's the general rate for this kind of service on a 32 ft, fibreglass motorhome?
Jim Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #2

I picked my new 2013 in had them do a outside sealing for 500.00 that is gaurenteed for 5 years. It is pretty cool......seams like nothing sticks to it so far. Call me crazy but I wanted to protect my investment.

John
2009 Silverado w/5000 lbs airbags and P3 controller.
2013 Rockwood 2702SS
US Army Veteran
Glockfanjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #3

Read the posts an red max pro for starters. I am no longer a fan of those sorts of stuff. Tried it did not like the results after 2 years. So stripped it and am doing a real detail job using McGuires products with great results.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies so far. I don't think there was any extra treatment/sealer involved beyond the wax. Since this isn't a new vehicle, I wasn't being offered a body protection package. $500 sounds a lot better than $1,500 though.

Think we'll ask our local detailer what he'd charge, IF he'd do it.

It will probably end up being a project for a nice sunny spring day(s).
Jim Hair is offline   Reply With Quote