Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #1

Question 10 days with intern. refrigerator fan

DOMETIC NORCOLD REFRIGERATOR FAN FOR RV 12 VOLT | eBay

My refrigerator had been running since Nov.2010. My fins were covered in ice, after installing fan the ice was gone where it was hanging in 3 days. I moved it down 5 fins to get the ice off the rest of my fins. While hooking it up I noticed that while the door was open the ice was getting wet looking, starting to melt. So I checked it often and the ice was gone in 2 days. Is the fan blowing directly on the fin was pulling warmer air across the fin when the door was open??

I'm going to order another fan and want to hook it up to a switch . My question is what kind of toggle switch will let the fan on the left side run, toggle the switch and the left side will go off and the fan on the right will come on.
For those of you that have this fan am I acting to fast. Now that my fins are clear of ice if I hang the fan in the middle will they stay clear. This ebay fan blows 50 times harder than my 2D square battery fan..
fatdirtywhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #2

If you want the ability to also turn both off than use a single ploe center off toggle switch.
If not you can use a double pole double throw toggle.
peskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdirtywhiteboy View Post
DOMETIC NORCOLD REFRIGERATOR FAN FOR RV 12 VOLT | eBay

My refrigerator had been running since Nov.2010. My fins were covered in ice, after installing fan the ice was gone where it was hanging in 3 days. I moved it down 5 fins to get the ice off the rest of my fins. While hooking it up I noticed that while the door was open the ice was getting wet looking, starting to melt. So I checked it often and the ice was gone in 2 days. Is the fan blowing directly on the fin was pulling warmer air across the fin when the door was open??

I'm going to order another fan and want to hook it up to a switch . My question is what kind of toggle switch will let the fan on the left side run, toggle the switch and the left side will go off and the fan on the right will come on.
For those of you that have this fan am I acting to fast. Now that my fins are clear of ice if I hang the fan in the middle will they stay clear. This ebay fan blows 50 times harder than my 2D square battery fan..
Mine stays clear with 1 fan. The fan dries moister off the fins , no moister no ice ( read the fans ad ). Hang it in the middle / center and you should not have to de-ice the fins again. If you have bought the second one keep it as a spare or sell it at the campground.
toobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #4

these success stories are great! i just ordered mine over the weekend and cant wait to get it installed. hopefully i score some points with the ol' lady on this one seeing how i think she will benefit from it more than i will

2012 Dodge 2500 - deleted and tuned by H&S performance
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #5

This probably works good. I bought a cheap double D battery squirrel cage fan with a odor cartridge for a few bucks and it moves the air in the same manor no wiring required and it keeps the temps in the fridge even as it constantly moves the air when the door is closed.

This is cheap, works and does not need batteries, end result is the same!
outther is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan