Old 03-24-2015, 11:10 PM   #21

Wow!! That's a monster!!! I don't know they are not 'stock', but will say that it makes a world of difference. My accumulator is only a half gallon, but I couldn't live without it.

Nicely done! Do you take orders? ;-)

Old 03-24-2015, 11:32 PM   #22

My 2 gallon shurflo SS tank is mounted horizontal in a cabinet next to pump. I installed a cut off valve directly on the tank. You can close this valve off after draining pressure from the lines. Then flush your antifreeze through bypassing the tank...you're done. As for pressure I get my longest flow of water between cycles when it's set at 27 psi. I have experimented with it numerous times at various pressures. Too high or low either direction will cause you to lose efficiency of your pump and flow. Experiment around by turning on a faucet full blast and timing how long it flows until the pump cycles on. Let the pump cycle off, change the pressure in the tank, and measure again. When you have the longest flow time before pump cycles on is your sweet spot. I would suggest you start at 34 psi and work down in 2 psi increments. On most systems I would guess you will be somewhere between 24 to 28 psi depending on your pump rating. Record this psi value on the tank and check it once per year. Mine holds steady for an entire year before I winterize. Good luck!

Old 03-25-2015, 08:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Your right about that, but I would think you would still need a by-pass to shoot the pink in lines and not the tank.
The shutoff Valve at the tank is all that is needed/no bypass. My (5gal) tank has been installed and working for over 4years/winter temps below -20Deg.F while in storage building. Our tank is on its side (Horizontal) and the (2) I installed in our last (2) units were moumted on their sides (Horizontal) also! Youroo!!
Old 03-25-2015, 08:27 AM   #24
Mod free 5er

Made one in 76 out of 4" pvc pipe for our new 76 Golden Nugget. It was 3' long and was strapped under the dinette seat with the 76 gal. water tank. We boon docked a lot then, but after that, never needed one and thus have never bought, used or installed one. The times we don't hook to city water and run on the pump are rare and the pump running just doesn't make enough noise to bother us. Can hardly hear it.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:39 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I would set it to at least the water pump pressure whatever that would happen to be if not maybe 5#-10# higher and keep the water out of it completely, but I'd also mount it vertical so it would drain automatically if water did happen to get in it.
You want the pressure in the tank to be a little less than the cut in pressure of the water pump. If the pressure is more than the cut in pressure on the pump it won't ever turn on.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:42 PM   #26
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwyrm View Post
You want the pressure in the tank to be a little less than the cut in pressure of the water pump. If the pressure is more than the cut in pressure on the pump it won't ever turn on.
Makes sense. My bad! I don't have to worry about it, don't need one where we camp and as I said before, we can barely hear our pump as it's in the basement. The old stove hood vent fan was much noisier.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:11 PM   #27

Such a good idea. Great Work! I will install one in my 5th wheel.

Pony: 2017 Dodge 3500 Longhorn 4x4, Quad Cab
Harness: Hijacker 24-AS-18 Autoslide, Demco Glide Ride Pin Box
Chuckwagon: 2011 Rockwood 8265WS
Travel Blog
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:11 AM   #28

There are advantages with a (Big pressure tank),water just like at Home without turning on the (Pump) every time,Even Showers without (Pulsation),additional water supply,stops along the way use the bathroom & wash hands without turning on pump! Youroo!!
Old 03-26-2015, 07:36 AM   #29

One other advantage to an accumulator is that you'll save some battery power when boondocking. When your water pump constantly "pulses" during use it will use more power than if it just runs. I can't tell you exactly how much you save, but it is measurable.

Oh in addition, for those with solar (especially MPPT trackers) is that the longer run times of the pump will allow time for the charge controller to react to the higher current draw and change its power output to the increased load.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:45 AM   #30
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
Yep, no pressure; no water.

I put a shutoff valve inline so I can shut it after draining and before I put in the Pink. I mounted mine up between the rafters suspended by strap steel so I could use the space under it.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote