Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2013, 11:58 PM   #1

2014 Georgetown Issues

Just bought a 2014 Georgetown XL 377. This is a list of some of the problems encountered so far. The entry door was in crooked on the frame, the fresh water tank support fell and pulled the hose out of the tank, two of the burners on the stove wouldn't light because of lack of a strong spark from the ignitor, the DVD coupler wasn't connected to the parking brake so the DVD player thought the RV was moving even when the parking brake was engaged and wouldn't play, one side of the dinette came loose from the floor, one of the overhead speakers didn't work because a screw shorted a speaker wire, and an led tail light was defective.

However, glad to say the dealer has fixed everything to our satisfaction. We really like the floor plan of the 377 TS and it is a joy to drive. Hoping we have most of the kinks worked out now. Has anyone had any long term problems with the Georgetown?
rparker3040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

We had a few tweeks to iron out when we got ours at first, but nothing to dampen our spirits.

The most recent correction to make was when we recently filled the on board fresh water tank completely full to the overflow point........the overflow hose did it's job and spilled out onto the ground. However, as mentioned by a few others, there is a siphoning affect from the hose being too far into the tank, and it siphoned out 2/3 of the water on the way to the campsite, because of the sloshing affect of driving down the road. I have since installed an in-line tap to close after filling the fresh water to the brim. After using the fresh water at the campsite for a bit, I open this valve so there is air-behind-water in order for it to flow properly when activated by the on-board pump.

Happy camping!

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #3

My Georgie Boy MH did the same thing but I could easily get at the overflow hose where it exited the tank and simply put a large loop in the hose. No more syphoning. Don't know if it's that easy on these FRGT's.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote