Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2015, 12:05 PM   #1

2015 Grey Wolf 26BH Access Panel Addition

I posted in the wrong forum, Now it is in the right place.

This model has a space under the bunks that came with a mattress(foam pad) that lays on the floor. I planning on using this space for storage. My plan after factory Warr is up is to have a FR dealer install an outside access panel for this storage and close it off on the inside with a inside access door. The inside part I can do.

Does anyone have experience with doing this? If I have a FR dealer do it today do I lose my factory Warr? I am interested in all aspects of this that others may have lived thru. Have any similar task pictures or comments? I am worried about the structure and water leaks.

Is this doable?
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:32 PM   #2

Wow, It's been some time since I posted these questions. I am not afraid to take this on, just hoping for comments from an old sage(s). It is just a mod that is going to be a functional improvement.

Sorry, just thought someone would respond. I am now going to find the right goat to slaughter on my keyboard now.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:36 AM   #3

Watching for a response also, but I was thinking about a small outside kitchen rather than storage. I am afraid running the wires and propane may be too much though.
Grummons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:45 AM   #4

The spooky thing in my mind is not knowing what is in the walls where I want my opening. Supporting the wall at the opening would call for a carpenters solution. That should not be bad. I want to stow chairs and plastic folding tables in my dream.

Buying a unit with and outside kitchen was beyond my price point. Super functional idea though. Your mod sounds like it really would affect your weight distribution. I just do not know.

Tapping the water, gas and electrical is beyond my skillset. I would think the water and gas would be the easy part not withstanding the routing that would be required(might be a nightmare). The electric would need some sort of control/breaker, tied into your onboard power.

I would start looking at models that have this option to learn what is required. This might mean buttering up someone that will let you explore their rig.

Please let me know what you learn. The funny thing about camping, is the time I have to think about what I can do to increase my time.

Tags
grey wolf