2401R What's Done So Far
Every time the weather is respectable we are working on our Forester getting ready for when we can take our first real trip this year!
Here is what is done so far:
* Pullout drawers for the "entertainment center" cabinets, left and center(2) - one thing to note about these is especially since they face front-to-back they need to be blocked from sliding backwards and banging the cupboard doors open. We are working on this but right now it looks like large oven mits or "shelf hogs" will do the trick.
* DW made a beautiful 2nd room-facing layer for the ugly privacy curtain, and a matching valance to cover the prickly hooks that hold up the curtain when it's not in use (we kept hitting them and getting sweaters snagged on them)
* DW also made pillows for the couch, quilted covers for the small LR table (the large one sits on the carpet under the couch) and the two table pedestals so they don't rattle around
* DW also made a matching curtain that sits on a tension rod for the open pantry above the refrigerator (she didn't like looking at cereal boxes from the couch!)
* A wire shelf rack and an array of dry storage containers for the pantry above the sink. Those containers are from IKEA and are a perfect fit, also very lightweight. However the small ones are going out of stock and are only available in a few stores now.
* Spice racks for one of the pantry doors
* Wire shelves for the small cupboard over the entry door
* A hanging "shelf" unit for the very narrow wardrobe next to the bed
2016 Forester 2401R