Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2015, 09:32 PM   #1

356QBQ

Does anyone else have this model with the rear bunk and bath? I have found that this design is flawed in many ways and was wondering if you have made any modifications and what kind were they?
Duck8792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:16 PM   #2

we have one, bought it because of the layout. the dealer messed up the fresh water tank bracket but i fixed that. no complaints so far, what don't you like?
iowasparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:21 AM   #3

In the bunkhouse when the bunk is down no adults can sit on the couch. If we put the bunk up then it's dark because of the small windows. And, the bunkhouse bathroom exhaust fan I had to extend the knob to a reachable height. Our poor camper spent a better part of it's time in the shop getting warranty work done..
Duck8792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #4

I see, I've never sat back there, it's the kids room. I've never tried to open the vents either.
I suppose an automatic electric one would have added to the cost and weight which they were trying to keep low on this model. I pull it with a half ton truck so that's ok with me.

I won't take it in for warranty work unless it's something major that I can't fix, I hope that doesn't happen. Most of the dealers are too slow for me. Might call around to a different dealers and see if you can get warranty work done there, it does not have to be at the same place you purchased it.
iowasparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:41 AM   #5

I had to replace the axle hubs right away. They were squeaking, and I couldn't get camping world to bring it in for service. So rather then warranty the brand new camper I spent like $2k out of pocket to get it back on the road. Other then that we love it. One thing I recommend is put screws in all the doors where the catch comes out, since the door knobs love to slide. Also put screws in all the door jam to push the plastic back so it doesn't catch the doors. I also removed the dresser in master and replaced it with a desk.
proggod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:15 PM   #6

How are you towing a 356QBQ with a 1/2 Ton Truck?
whamisrick is offline   Reply With Quote