Old 07-31-2007, 08:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman599 View Post
So, did 'hw' install them for you, what with being crippled and all?

Actually they look really great!
I got the install done before busting my ankle up. I was just lagging in posting this thread. I'm thinking they will work out great, I just wish I wouldn't have gotten busted up because I'd be testing them out this upcoming weekend already. As it is I have to wait until the end of August. Hopefully by then I'll be able to put some weight on my foot, otherwise I'll be crawling into the trailer.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:30 PM   #12
RAC

If you drink too many shiner barfs you'll be crawling anyway.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:42 AM   #13

Nice post 'gotnun!!!
Old 08-05-2007, 08:29 PM   #14

I modified previous instructions as I had posted the wrong drill bit size. It should be a 5/16" and not a 3/8". Thanks Dutch for catching that!
Old 08-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #15
RAC

hard to make a hole smaller once you drilled it.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:22 AM   #16

I would like to know more about these stabilizers, such as cost ,where to buy them,ect. I've been looking at something very simailer,to this style. I seen them online at campers world. any information will help!!! thanks you. jim
Old 08-24-2007, 11:26 AM   #17
RAC

Shoot a PM to aintgotnun, he's the man with this
Old 08-27-2007, 08:21 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameseh View Post
I would like to know more about these stabilizers, such as cost ,where to buy them,ect. I've been looking at something very simailer,to this style. I seen them online at campers world. any information will help!!! thanks you. jim
There are 2 players out there

http://plugitright.com/Page3.html
$290 shipped

http://www.jtrv.com/our_products.html
$400 + shipping

I went with the Plugitright brand.

greg
Old 08-27-2007, 09:19 AM   #19

OK, itís time for a review of the Plugitright stabilizers

This past weekend we went camping at Huntsville State Park in Huntsville, Texas (funny how that works out ainít ití). We were fortunate to get a very nice paved spot as a lot of state parks in Texas have gravel spots, in fact Huntsville is upgrading and is doing a great job. It is so much nicer then I remember 6 years ago. The spot while paved was not level, (donít know that Iíve ever been on a level spot ever, not even my driveway) it had a downward slope to the rear and off by 1 inch on the door side of the trailer. No worries, easy enough to level.

The Plugitright stabilizers, since they are permanently attached to the trailer make for quick setup (fighting with my kingpin stabilizer was always a pain). The front end was rock solid. I attribute this to the dual stabilizers on each landing gear. The rear end left a bit to be desired. While it was more stable then with nothing other than the scissor jacks it did rock a bit. This I think came from the fact that the rear of the trailer was high and I had to stack about 5 inches of plywood squares under each jack. Iím thinking maybe if there was a way to attach a second set of stabilizers to each jack that it would help this?

I spoke with Diana on Friday while I was at the park and she had some questions regarding the way I did my install. The first question was regarding me hooking the trailer up to my truck and raising the landing gear. She said that they donít normally do that and it is not necessary. I agree that itís not necessary but I felt that for me it would be easier. Easier is always subjective. I also parked my trailer on my driveway for the install so I could use a creeper (my shed has a dirt floor). She also questioned why I installed the stabilizer to the landing gear first. She stated that they always installed to the frame first and then the landing gear as per their instructions. With the gear in the down position, installing to the frame first makes sense. With the gear up, installing to the gear first makes sense (to me anyway). I felt that with the gear up and marking the lowest spot that I felt comfortable traveling with the gear in the up position I could get a better placement of the stabilizers.

Overall I am very pleased with the performance of the Plugitright stabilizers. Relatively easy to install. Easy to setup and break down. Price was right. Great phone support and feedback from the owners.

greg
Old 09-21-2007, 03:14 PM   #20

I have JT's on my FR and love them. The big difference between thoes and the Jt's were I just remover the screws from the bottom plate of the jacks where you had to drill into the jack.
The whole key to making these jacks work properly is loading them. Once you have loaded them properly mine don't have any movement. They work as advertised at least for once

Tags
5th wheel