Old 01-07-2015, 09:15 PM   #1

6 point leveling system

I have a 2014 35QB4 without the auto leveling system. It has the brackets for the system and the landing gear are hydraulic. My question is: Is a 6 point leveling system something that can be installed by a user or is this something I would have to take to a dealer.

I am not worried about doing the work I just can't find the parts anywhere besides places that install them and they won't sell the system without installing it.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:58 AM   #2
Infractee

Google this subject and you will find several companies that sell them, you can also find them online in pieces or entire kits from Ebay and Amazon easily. I like the Lippert system, seems to be a bolt on type setup (or could be welded).

Old 01-08-2015, 08:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckCamper View Post
I have a 2014 35QB4 without the auto leveling system. It has the brackets for the system and the landing gear are hydraulic. My question is: Is a 6 point leveling system something that can be installed by a user or is this something I would have to take to a dealer.

I am not worried about doing the work I just can't find the parts anywhere besides places that install them and they won't sell the system without installing it.
You can order the jacks from Lippart, They have a web site. I have ordered from them before. I would get mine own hoses made up. Make sure your motor and reservoir are the correct one for a 6 pt. I do not know if there is a difference. If your mech. inclined it's not hard, you would be adding a manifold and hose's. You will also need the board and all the wiring. Do you just have a rocker now that operates the two front rams and not the legs that drop down? You are also going to need the leveling device's I think there are two. Did you try Mobil Outfitters? They are the authorized dealer for the system. I would also talk to them about the Black Cat system they might have that ready to go now then you just have to run electrical to each ram being each ram has it's own reservoir attached NO more lines to leak. might be worth the money and replace the landing gear. The jacks are like 350.00 each. You would need 24" stroke in the front and 17" for the center and rear.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:35 AM   #4
Old Enough to Know Better

Just as an fyi, My rig is also factory set up for the "level-up" system. When I contacted Lippert they told me that an authorized dealer would have to install it. I was quoted $4000 by that dealer. Seems a bit much for 4 jacks, hoses and controls. Its on my list to do when I get rich :-)
Old 01-08-2015, 08:53 AM   #5

If either of you two Duck and Gasman are going to the rally in August you can get a discount from them and installed in one day. Last year the 6 point was 4200.00 that is going from electric to hyd. If you have like duck says hyd already figure the cost of the rams, hose's by the foot and what ever else they will need and labor at 50.00 per hr. About 6hrs. Call customer service. ask for a price and date she will send you a parts list and confirmation date. They can't tell you the discount yet until they set it but it will be a lot less getting it done that week but you want to book your service date early or they can get full and you would be after that week. I booked mine in Feb. knowing I was attending last year. Also in 2013 the cost was 4000.00 and in 2014 it was 4200.00. I would still ask about that Black Cat system Just because there are no messy hoses to run. I would also assume the labor would be less being they are only pulling wire and not 2 hoses to each Ram.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 01-08-2015, 08:55 AM   #6
Old Enough to Know Better

I would love to go to the rally but cant as my rig isn't a FR product anymore. But thanks for the invite.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman6674 View Post
I would love to go to the rally but cant as my rig isn't a FR product anymore. But thanks for the invite.
Well you won't get the discount, but I would still check on there price at the factory then from mobile outfitters. How is the QC on your unit compared to FR?
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 01-08-2015, 02:33 PM   #8

Thanks for the information. I will look for them online again. The black cat ones sound nice and a lot easier to install but I did a quick search and couldn't find them. I will look again when I have more time.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckCamper View Post
Thanks for the information. I will look for them online again. The black cat ones sound nice and a lot easier to install but I did a quick search and couldn't find them. I will look again when I have more time.
Duck: You might have to call lippert they do not list them in there web page yet. They had them for show at the rally, but said they were going into production on them, but didn't know when yet and that was August. So they might have them now and that would be the way to go. Hose's are a pain.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 01-09-2015, 07:18 AM   #10
Infractee

Here is the LCI page for the Blackjack setup.

https://lci1.com/blackjack

Unfortunately it Looks like they do not sell it other than equipped on the unit by the OEM. Hope this changes in the future as it looks like a great setup.

"LCI only sells this product to aftermarket dealers, distributors, or retail customers on a warranty replacement basis. If you own this product and need it replaced, please call our customer support hotline at 574-537-8900."

Tags
leveling