Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
Cyber Phrenologist

A $2 Fix for Tumbling Dinette Chairs

The first week we had our Rockwood 8280SS 5th wheel, we had the hardest time preventing the dinette chairs from falling over and traveling about the inside of the trailer. We have a ding in the front of our oven to prove it.

The trailer came with a strap to buckle the chairs snug up against the table leg. (it has a center post, only) But since the chair legs have no rungs, if the strap loosens the slightest bit, the chair can wiggle free and fall over.

My $2 solution was 4 large cup hooks from the hardware store. Attach them to the chair legs closest to the table pedestal, about 2" down from the top of the leg and under the chair seat. They keep the strap from sliding down the legs and working loose.

You will need to drill pilot holes, the wood is quite hard!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009_0228feb28randomstuff0012.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	1322  

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:50 AM   #2

The chairs in my 8315ss strap down by the couch. When I brought the trailer home last weekend, 95 mile trip one way, I left them sitting at the table. They didn't move an inch. Man I love this trailer! Love the Equal-I-Zer hitch as well. I expierenced 25 to 30 mph crosswinds most of the trip and had very little sway. Of course I kept my speed at 60 or below. Looking forward to camping in it for the first time next weekend. They're forecasting temps in the high 70's. I can hear the crappie calling me. I believe it's time to go camping and fire up the fish fryer.

I'll try to remember to take some pics and update my signature.

Sorry Radio, didn't mean to be so self centered. Just excited over the new trailer.
Looks like your fix is a good one that I will keep in mind. I may need to do that in the future, who knows?
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote