Old 07-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #11

Was it difficult to fish the wire through the ceiling? Nice mod/

2006 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab/Duramax Diesel/Allison Transmission
Salmon Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon Hunter View Post
Was it difficult to fish the wire through the ceiling? Nice mod/
thanks!...it wasn't for myself but i could see how it could be. i also installed he power exhaust fan in the kitchen so i had that hole open in the roof and i have 6 ac vents in the ceiling which are easy to take apart but the most helpful tool is a coil of steel wire i call a fish tape. that makes the job a whole lot easier. routing it from the breaker box 12 volt side then through the walls and over up to the existing ac and hear thermostat on the wall actually took longer than the ceiling did lol

Old 07-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #13

When you fished the wire through does it have to go through insulation or is there an open gap.
2006 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab/Duramax Diesel/Allison Transmission
Salmon Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #14

there is a small amount of open space but you will go through some insulation. with the wire i used i could feel what i was hitting so that did help. i did not drag any insulation out any where so i either stayed on top or got lucky and snaked through it i guess lol in the one pic above you can see the insulated wire i used. 12 g braided wire indoor outdoor use, i bought at menards for stereo speaker amps, rated for higher amps than the fan pulls on high so i don't have an issue with heat in the wire itself. the power fan also works well with 6 speeds but i bought this one because it comes with a wall switch instead of remote. i lose remotes and batt's go dead. i can set this one so 1 touch of the on/off button and the lid opens and the fan turns on to what ever speed i set it at. makes it easier for when your cooking. i say this because since they installed a convection oven/microwave in our th'er they did install a vent/exhaust hood. this is why i added the power vent fan above the cook top. i also ordered the ceiling fan with wall switch because i just don't want more remotes to lose lol it is a 2 speed fan with a white switch which you can see in the pics above also mounted on the wall panel next to the ac/heater thermostat. i got lucky and had 2 12 volt fuse sockets left in the breaker panel under the fridge, to wire these unit individually.