Old 03-18-2015, 11:36 PM   #21

Quote:
The front level had lost the color in the liquid, so you could hardly see the bubble, and the white hash marks were almost gone. I decided to replace it with a better level. I attached it with silicon, I did not drill the fiberglass.
I just bought a similar level. Mine also has a small front/back level perpendicular to the main level.

The front of my trailer is sloped backwards, at the level where I can see it from the cab. Attaching the level will result in it being tilted backwards. That makes the front/back level useless and may adversely affect the side-to-side level.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to mount it? I prefer Chuck's approach of using adhesive but don't know how to make it vertical.

- 1999 Chevrolet Astro
- 2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4x2 5L V8 Hemi

- 2016 Ford F-150 SCrew Lariat 4x2 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:25 AM   #22

On your level,check and see if it has a adjustment for the front-rear level.It should have a small screw to adjust it.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:33 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
I just bought a similar level. Mine also has a small front/back level perpendicular to the main level.

The front of my trailer is sloped backwards, at the level where I can see it from the cab. Attaching the level will result in it being tilted backwards. That makes the front/back level useless and may adversely affect the side-to-side level.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to mount it? I prefer Chuck's approach of using adhesive but don't know how to make it vertical.
Piece of aluminum sheet metal. Bend to whatever angle you need. Attach level to one leg with screws. Attach other leg to camper with 3M automotive/exterior double-sided tape. It'll stay put with that tape! For the level, always buy one with a bead when it's exposed to UV.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:30 PM   #24

I have a multipurpose weather beater that I saw on a forum. An inexpensive garbage can covering the electric tongue jack with wall hooks on each side for the safety chains and a broom holder clamp on the inside for the trailer plug.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:49 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEMAN View Post
.. and a broom holder clamp on the inside for the trailer plug.
I've seen the suggestion of the bucket held down by the chains hooked onto the bucket handle. That keeps the jack dry and the chains off the ground. It also gets you a bucket for the trailer. But the idea of the mop holder clamp is new to me. Good idea!
- 1999 Chevrolet Astro

Old 03-27-2015, 04:57 PM   #26
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post

Make an alum stand off bracket the makes the mounting surface level in both directions and mount it to the bracket.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:28 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveandSue View Post
On your level,check and see if it has a adjustment for the front-rear level.It should have a small screw to adjust it.
It does, which I did not know. But the slope of the front wall exceeds the limit of how much I can adjust it. It looks like I'll bend a piece of aluminum as a bracket, then use the adjustment screw to fine tune it.

Thanks for the info.

- 1999 Chevrolet Astro