We have had our Surveyor for going on almost 8 years now, and I have reached a point where I have it modified to death (almost).
We are getting ready to head out on vacation in July, so I have been doing a few small updates. The front level had lost the color in the liquid, so you could hardly see the bubble, and the white hash marks were almost gone. I decided to replace it with a better level. I attached it with silicon, I did not drill the fiberglass.
Since our unit does not have ducted air, the bathroom can get a bit warm after a shower. We like to prop the bathroom door open to help air flow when we are doing our sink stuff (broaching teeth, etc.). The door likes to creep back closed, so I added a door stop.
The plastic head on the power hitch was getting yellowed (even though It stays covered), so I painted it a metallic silver to match the trim on the camper.
I gave the hitch, frame, stabilizers, and bumper a new coat of Rustoleum paint, which allowed me to get under the camper and do a good inspection of the frame. Only found minor rust on the stabilizers. Frame and welds look to be in great shape. Roof inspection looked good. It sure helps that we store it in a shelter.
I have a couple of minor interior trim parts that I want to update, but we are in good shape for vacation! I am so ready to head to the mountains and relax!