Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2014, 08:46 PM   #1

Add bathroom light in a 2014 Cottage 40crs

We like 95 % of our camper but there are a few things we need to fix/mod. First is the bathroom light, 2 LEDs in the ceiling they light the room good but forget about shaving/make-up ect. Has anyone installed a light over the mirror ? Another mod is only one side of the bed has an ac outlet need to add one. Another DUMB thing CC did at night going in the sliding door you must go inside and open a door to turn on a light !?!. But I could turn on my fantastic fan seems to me a switch should be just inside the door. Any suggestions on fixing any of these things would be appreciated.
poofam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:27 PM   #2

Can you post pics?

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:53 PM   #3

Smile not done yet

I was hoping for ideas I'm sure someone has done it.
poofam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:35 PM   #4

When I bought my TT only one light came on with the "Interior Light" switch, did some re-wiring and put all four overhead lights on one circuit. However I had to run another circuit to power the bathroom. So to get the wire through the ceiling I took out the fixtures, dropped the trim around the A/C. Then using the holes provided, I took a wire clothes hanger and straightened it out and put a little hook on the end and tunneled a path through the ceiling. I did the same thing when I added an extra light in the shower. Like you said, the bathroom is lit but there are some dark spaces.

As far as your bedroom outlet, personally I would extend the circuit that is on one side and put an outlet on the other side. In my case I have two night tables on each side with the outside storage below which makes for an easy access to put in a box. You can run the wire under the bed or under the trailer, over, and back up. But i would opt for the under the bed option first.

Hope the ideas help. Don't be afraid to ask if something isn't clear.
Camo Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, light, roo